Symbol

Elena has bee with Kol for almost a month without anyone noticing. They spent every moment alone or not busy together. Elena had finally opened her heart to love again with the last person she expected. Every now and them Elena and Kol would have hickies on their necks and have to hide them the best they could. But it was worth it.

Tonight is the full moon. Kol knew it might be the one where Henrik dies. He was to restrain himself from interference. It may also be his last full day Elena and him could spend together all day while he's still human. Kol had a surprise for Elena. First Elena wanted to do something with him, but he didn't even know what. Elena led him to the river.

"What are we doing here?" Kol questioned walking to the end. She pushed him in. He fell into the water then came back up to see her laughing.

"That wasn't funny." Kol said in a serious tone. Elena bent down near the edge.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think you-" he cut her off when he pulled her in. She came up for air and Kol was laughing.

"Now that was funny." Kol said with a smirk on his face. Elena smiled and wrapped her hands around his neck. He held her by the waist. He leaned down and kissed her softly. She deepened the kiss before pulling away. Elena started to giggle.

"Come on we should get out and dry off." Elena said with a wide smile on her face. Kol nodded and they got out and layed in the grass by the river holding hands and looking at the sky. As soon as they were dry Kol sat up.

"Elena, I have a surprise for you." She sat up and looked at him. "What?"

"Come on, love." He said standing up and extending his hand out to her. She loved when he called her love or darling. She excepted his hand and they walked into the woods. They didn't go very far before he stopped and turned to her. He took her hands in his and looked deep in her eyes.

"Elena, I love you." He was afraid she didn't feel the same. She looked shocked at hearing "I love you" come out of his mouth. She replaced the shock with a smile.

"I love you too, Kol." She said and then Kol smiled even wider. He kissed her and cupped her face in his hands. He pulled away. He walked over to a log and grabbed a small box burrowed underneath. He then walked back over to her with the box. He opened it and pulled out a beautiful heart shaped necklace. Elena's mouth dropped at the sight of it's beauty. He handed to her and she admired it.

"Kol, it's beautiful. Where did you get it?"

"Actually I made it for you." Kol said smiling.

"You made it? It's amazing like you." She said and looked up at him. "Don't forget beautiful like you." Elena blushed.

"Look at the back." She turned it over. "I Will Love You Always and Forever -Kol" was engraved on the back. She smiled.

"I will love you always and forever. Kol." She said. Tears of joy started in her eyes. She wrapped her arms around Kol and hugged him. When they pulled apart he spun her around and put the necklace on her.

"It has it's own magic to. That's not all. I have something else important to give you that will be a symbol of my love for you as well." She looked at him confused. He grabbed her hands.

"Elena before you the only other thing I loved other than my family was my magic. I'm going to put it somewhere safe since I'll be losing it. That's where you come in." She was even more confused. Kol started to chant a spell.

Elena felt power and pain shoot threw her. She tried to pull her hands away but he was stronger than her. She winced. Then it stopped. Kol released her hands. She felt a pain in her palms. She turned her hands over and looked at her palms. She watched as a symbol of three linked ovels were carved into her hands.

"What did you do?" She asked quietly looking at her hands.

"I gave you my magic. I love you and only you would I ever do this. That is a symbol of it." He pointed to her hands. He really did love her. The Kol she knew before only loved his family and power.

"But, I don't know-" Kol cut her off. "I can teach you." She smiled. He started to walk off. When he noticed she wasn't following he turned around and motioned for her to follow. She walked up to him and grabbed his hand.

"Not yet." She whispered. She grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him to her and kissed him hungrily. She pushed him up against a tree. She took his shirt off and Kol knew where this was headed. He liked it. He was finally going to lose his virginity with someone he loved. The two made love and enjoyed every second of it and the rest of the time they spent together. Elena and Kol went back to the village before the moon was out and did their best to hide the hickies from earlier.