10. The bug

[Harrison]

After I texted Florence I packed some bags and went to Tom's office so we could talk about the plan, step after step

After I texted Florence I packed some bags and went to Tom's office so we could talk about the plan, step after step. After we finished, I put the bags into my black Range Rover and drove to the centre of London. We have an apartment in the centre which we occasionally use for our one night stands and sometimes even our work. That way we won't give out our actual location and escape the women who try to get back to us. After I parked my car I walked upstairs with my bags and opened the door of the apartment. I put the bags on the bed that was neatly made and took my phone and laptop with me to the living room. Thanks to the application on my laptop I could easily access the microphone in Florence's apartment.

After it finally connected, I could only hear muffled voices which came from the tv. Florence was munching on some chips and I'm sure that the entire apartment complex could hear it. I couldn't do much with just one microphone but it was better than nothing, I couldn't see anything but I could hear everything it doesn't matter in which room she's currently in. While I listened to the audio I opened my notes and wrote down the information I knew for now.

Nothing interesting happened that day, she ate and went early to sleep probably because she was still tired from the party. I texted Jacob, hoping that he could find out more about the Carter family and why Florence had no idea about the mob until now.

Was she the entire time alone?

Did she grow up in an orphanage or did someone take her in?

Was she in a protection programme?

I guess I really have to get to know her better, earn her trust and then I'll probably be able to answer at least one of them.

***

The next day I woke up at 6am, not knowing if she was an early bird or not, I opened my laptop and walked to the bathroom to get ready. She wasn't awake yet, so I had my sweet time with my breakfast that consisted of cornflakes and milk. I connected my laptop with hers, so when she uses it I'll be able to see what she's doing. Around 8am I could hear her wake up, she ate breakfast and plopped herself down on the couch. "Alright, let's search for the Carter Cartel.", I could hear her mumble. My eyes were furrowed in confusion.

Does she really think she'll find something about a mob on the internet?

I laughed at her naiveness.

Darling do you really think that it's that easy?

After a few minutes I could hear her groan, making my smile even wider than before.

"What if I ask the men?", I could hear another mumble, it came in handy that she was talking to herself. I wanted to make sure that she wasn't working for them, I thought she would contact them but hearing her talk to herself was even better.

But who the fuck are the men she's talking about? Was it the security at the club? That one guy seemed to know her, even though she tried to hide it. But his posture around her revealed it, he seemed very playful around her, he rarely showed any emotion during his shifts, he won't let anyone through the door unless he tells them to. Even the women who try to persuade him fail, so why did he change around her? Was he also working for the mob? But that wouldn't make any sense, he's working in Toms club and he wasn't receiving any information about our mob so why was he there?

I typed all my questions and new information into my notes and after a few hours of Florence watching Spongebob and laughing almost every second of it I decided to get ready for our hangout. I wore a casual blue shirt with some black pants and my Gucci sneakers. My wallet was in the back pocket of my pants and I put my black sunglasses on my face before I left the apartment and entered my car. It took me about thirty minutes to get to her apartment, I parked opposite of the coffee shop and as I looked around I saw her already sitting on a chair outside looking at the menu.

Let's do this.

***

a/n: now that's gonna be a fun first hangout...