4. Hey gorgeous.

[Florence]

After I finished my shift, I changed back to my warm clothes and said my goodbyes to the girls that were left

After I finished my shift, I changed back to my warm clothes and said my goodbyes to the girls that were left. The cold air hit my face, goosebumps forming everywhere. Walking on the streets of London at 2am during the week isn't smart but I had no other choice. The train station is 10minutes from here but during this time it always feels like hours until I finally reach the station.
Some men were still roaming around the streets, staring and just like every other night I was praying that I would get home safe.

"Hey gorgeous, you wanna come to my place tonight?", a man approached me, he was probably around my age, no older than 25. He looked new, I knew the faces around here and he didn't look familiar. He had a smirk on his face while I tried to ignore him another man approached him and stopped him from touching me.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in and kept walking.

"She's the bosses daughter, you can't touch her newbie, those are the rules.", he told him and suddenly my ears perked up.

The bosses daughter?

What on earth?

Donté?

No, I know who my dad is, we have the same green eyes. Yes I had long jet black hair while my dad's hair was dark brown but we had the same curls. He used to trim them a lot so they weren't so curly anymore but whenever I looked at my childhood pictures I saw his curls matching mine today. It wasn't just the way we looked that assured me we were related, it was the way we talked and acted around others. We were closed off people and it always took us some time to trust other people.

So why the fuck did he say that?

Dad worked as an office clerk and it wouldn't make any sense.

I didn't turn around to ask them though, I knew better than that, so I quickly walked to the station with nothing but the words of the man in my head.

***

I took my clothes off and entered the hot bathtub, a sigh escaping my lips, my muscles instantly relaxing.

2 by H.E.R. played in the background, my fingers were playing with my necklace while my head was somewhere else.

I rarely took the necklace off, I had it since I was little, my dad told me that it was a family heirloom, so I never took it off.

I saw it as a lucky charm, protecting me even though I knew that I wasn't even close to luck in my life.
It was a round black necklace, I'm pretty sure it's expensive too, when dad was sick I even thought of selling it but he made me promise to keep the necklace, forever.

I finished my bath quickly and put my pjs on, I was laying in my bed but I couldn't sleep. The words were still playing in my head and I couldn't stop thinking about it.

It's past 3am and I have to wake up at 6:30am.

"I'm gonna die.", I groaned, nevertheless I got up and walked to my shelf where I yanked a big box onto my bed letting out a huff.

It was my dads, after he died I kept his favourite things in there, I knew I couldn't let go completely and the box was some kind of reassurement for me letting me know it was okay.

I opened the box and smiled, it was a picture of him and I, I was 6 riding a bike for the very first time alone. It was a memory I would never forget, it took me so many tries, including dads help, after probably an entire hour I finally got it. We were a laughing mess, one of our neighbours, Mrs. Hiddleton an old lady that died a year after the picture was taken, may she rest in peace, took the picture of us. She was like a grandma I never had, she would occasionally take care of me when dad had to work.

The next thing that caught my eye, was a book. He used to read me bedtime stories from it almost every night until I was 11. It was always the same one, the beauty and the beast. He changed the story up everyday, sometimes making me clutch my stomach from how funny it was and sometimes I even shed a tear because of how sad it was. He made his own twists in it and sometimes even made me wonder where he got it all from. He should've become an author and not an office clerk.

I skimmed through the pages when something caught my eye, suddenly making me halt, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Huh what's that?"

***

a/n: it's about to get down everyone I hope you're ready!