8. Mister-know-it-all

[Florence]

"What?"

"Funny story actually...I just found out my mother and my brother are in a mob, what are the odds huh?", I giggled, Colin helped me to get in the passenger seat.

"Okay Florence what the fuck are you talking about?", Colin sat in the drivers seat, he looked shocked? I wasn't sure since my vision was all blurry.

Stupid contacts.

"My mother who I thought died during my birth, isn't dead. She's alive and wants to kill me, probably even killed my brother. I don't fucking know...all I know is that the mob is called Carter Cartel.", I shrugged closing my eyes, I was ready for sleep.

I could hear him let out a sigh before he started the engine and drove away.
"I need your address Florence wake up.", Colin called making me groan. I quickly gave him my address and turned back to the window where I fell asleep.

***

"Wake up Florence, we're here.", Colin shook me awake, I rubbed my eyes, later then realising that I shouldn't have done it in the first place but I didn't care anyways. My makeup was ruined either way.

He helped me out of the car and asked for my keys, I pointed to my purse, completely tired to even do it myself. He let out a sigh before rummaging through my purse, when he finally found the keys he asked for the number of the apartment, again I only pointed to the building.

"You are no help.", he huffed out.
"Come jump up, you're clearly out.", he sighed encouraging me to get on his back. He gave me a piggyback ride to the second floor, opened the door of my apartment and after he finally found my bedroom he let me down.

"Thank you for taking care of me Colin.", I smiled, appreciating his gesture.
"Call me Col. Now I'm gonna leave my number on your phone so we can hang out sometime again when you're sober alright?", he grinned as I handed him my phone.
"Sure. I hope I'll remember even the half I've said today so I can apologise tomorrow.", he let out a laugh putting my phone on my nightstand.
"Goodnight Florence.", he stared at my necklace, gave me a small smile and walked himself out. After I heard the door shut, I lazily went to the bathroom to get my contacts out of my eyes so I could sleep peacefully then I walked back to my room and fell asleep.

The next morning-okay afternoon-I woke up with an annoying headache, I quickly took my clothes off and took a bath, removing my makeup in the process.

After my bath, I took an Advil and made myself something to eat. I knew I wouldn't be able to think today, so I promised myself I would start tomorrow with the investigation about the mob. I plopped myself down on the couch and unlocked my phone seeing I had a few messages.

One was from Sky.

Skylar Dixon
did you get home safely?💛

Me
yes I met a dude he drove me, I'll explain it on Tuesday🖤

Skylar Dixon
Oh you better😤😏

I laughed and looked at my other messages, they were all from Colin, I chuckled at the name he gave himself.

Mister-know-it-all
so I believe you can't recollect even just one conversation that we had last night

Mister-know-it-all
I'll even buy you a doughnut if you remember something

Mister-know-it-all
How about the coffee shop I saw close to your apartment while driving back home?

Mister-know-it-all
Tomorrow? I'm not the devil, I'll let you live today...

Mister-know-it-all
Oh it's me Colin by the way, the guy you met at the club.

Mister-know-it-all
The one you fell in love with.

Me
Now first of all, I didn't fall in love with you shut the fuck up Col and yes I remember you and the MANY conversations that I had with you.

Me
We talked about how fake my friends were...see I remember...now gimme that doughnut, tmrw 1pm sharp! Not even a second later! You hear me mister?

Mister-know-it-all
Yes sir-I mean woman-I mean Florence sir yes sir.

Mister-know-it-all
And more or less...you talked and I listened but ok💀

Me
Goodbye Colin.

Mister-know-it-all
Don't miss me too much!!!

Read

***

a/n: now these two are friend-material!!!