I bit the insides of my cheek. The pain from last night still lingered, and the fact that it was just mentioned made the pain more evident.

I sighed once more, "I-I didn't know where he went... I just saw him drive away, that's all," I lied.

Baekhyun nods, his eyes travelling down onto the sheets.

I shut my eyes tight and forced to get the unwanted thoughts and flashbacks out of my head and continued eating.

"...If you don't mind me asking... Is there something wrong with you and Chanyeol??"

My eyes went wide due to his sudden question. Just then I found myself coughing as I choked onto the food.

Panicking, Baekhyun quickly handed me a glass of water he brought with him and I immediately gulped it down, my breaths heavy right after.

"T-Thank you.." I coarsed out before composing myself. "No... Nothing happened between Chanyeol and I."

"Oh... I asked because I was noticing some sort of distance between the two of you whenever you guys are together," he goes on. "Like, unlike when you two are together - you'd usually bicker all the time and just be pretty loud against each other. I am not quite seeing that cat and dog style of you two, you know," he laughs.

"Really now," I tried to laugh back. Though deep inside, I hated to admit it but he was actually right.

And I hate to admit it that I actually miss that side of us.

"I guess Chanyeol finally started becoming a man," I jokingly stated. "I mean, he is hanging out a lot with Choimin recently so maybe that shifted things a little bit. And I won't start anything between the two of us."

"That's not true."

"It is!"

"It isn't, Jihyun," he laughed. "There are times that you'd start the 'war' too."

"Hmph." I crossed my arms and pouted. "Majority of those 'wars' were started by him though."

"That I couldn't disagree with."

Chuckling, I decided to continue eating. After that, I persistently brought the empty plates and glass by myself and washed them.

The others questioned me about my state too and I just answered them truthfully.

Before lunch, the boys and I opted for a small tutoring session. It wasn't hard coping up since I already had some ideas about there lesson that I read from the textbooks yesterday.

"Gosh, Jihyun... It's still bizarre how you could manage to tutor us about lessons that we already knew before you did beforehand," Chen utters out in the middle of our Science session.

Luhan, who was busy reading some other things because he apparently understood the lesson already, raised his head from the book he read and replied, "He's right. I mean, we should get used to it by this time now but I swear - you keep surprising us all the time."

"I wouldn't have done it without your notes though," I pointed out.

"Stop dodging our compliments and being all modest," D.O. snaps with a smirk.

"Kyungsoo-ah!"

"What??" he laughed.

----------

"I'm heading up to the rooftop to catch some fresh air, just in case the other asks," I told D.O., fixing on coat and gloves.

He gave me a small nod before I turned to head out and up to the said place.