Jasreth coughed and then looked up. They could all see the slash of red on his spirit body. Jasreth's throat had been slit.

"Save her?" He asked, "What's wrong. Tell me, is she in danger?" He scrambled towards Miri only to have Killian kick him away this time.

"Her soul is incomplete." Morrigan finally answered, "If it is left like this then she will disappear." Morrigan looked to Cybelline, "I am sure you can heal her, but it is better to have the original piece."

Cybelline nodded. She was fire and wrath in one as she turned to Jasreth, "You can't escape."

Jasreth smiled bitterly, "I don't plan to." He held up a vial, "It seems to have come with me. My advisors wanted me to use it to create a potion of prolonged life. I didn't see a point of living."

He opened the vial and the tiny dot of fae wing transformed into a sparkle that flew towards Miri. As soon as it landed on her wings, color returned to the lifeless spirit, she took a deep breath as her cheeks turned rosy and her sun kissed hair glowed.

Her wings, which had been broken, torn, and shattered now healed itself, unfurling and fluttering in the air.

She opened her eyes and saw her parents and Cybelline. Then after a moment she smiled and burst into tears.

They rushed for her, hugging her and comforting her. 

"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry..." Miri said after a moment, Ithos kissed his daughter's head, "You gave us quite a scare. But no matter, you are our child and we are proud of you. You were brave and you stood for your people. Your ma and I are proud."

Cybelline hugged her sister fiercely and then gently tapped her forehead, "If they're a strong opponent, make sure you have me by your side, I'll bury them for you." Her face then turned cold, "Speaking of which..."

She turned and looked at Jasreth who still stared at Miri with the eyes of longing and remorse. He opened his mouth but no sound came out. He had so much he wanted to tell her, but he did not know where to start.

Cybelline cracked her neck, "So do you prefer an eternity being flayed or roasted on a spit?" There was no mercy in her eyes.

Miri smiled at her sister and then gently gripped Cybelline's hand, "He's not worth dirtying your hands."

She walked forward, looking at the man who had promised to love her and stoped in front of him.

"You broke my heart and took my wings." She stated that as a matter of fact. Fire rose from her hands and it hit him in the chest.

Jasreth found himself falling to the ground once more. The pain was a strange feeling, it felt as if someone had attacked his spirit. He breathed heavily and sat up, "Do whatever you want." He said finally, "Just..please...forgive me."

She flew in the air, her wings glowing with power. He knelt in the dirt, unable to take his eyes off of her. 

The question lived in the space between them, growing larger and larger as the silence went on. 

"No." Miri said simply, "You're not worth it. Instead, I think I must forgive myself. I will let you go." 

She smiled at him, this was a smile of someone who didn't care anymore. There was no emotion of love or hatred. Simply because he was not worthy of it. She would not waste another ounce thought on him.

Jasreth felt a hollow fear in his heart, he knew that something had changed. That she had changed, she didn't care anymore. She wasn't his anymore.

Suddenly he wanted her to hate him, "I took your wings! I wanted to kill your people!" He cried out desperately, "Don't forget!"

Miri nodded, "You deserve to be punished. You deserve to die. But this was also my doing."