Chapter 93

The Dominion of Worlds - Realm of Rhia (Part 1)

"So, duck, what does a sentinel do?"

He gestured to the land, "I help the Dominion goddess plant new trees. They start life in these ponds and feed into the rivers. I help watch over the worlds and the billions who live in these ponds." 

Cybelline nodded, "So I'm somewhere above all the worlds. My realm is somewhere in one of the ponds?" 

The duck nodded, and then  raised an eyebrow, "I am not a duck. I am the form that you requested. if I show you my true form, I fear I will overwhelm your soul with my magnificence."

She is not one that gets easily overwhelmed. An ancient voice sounded from behind them.

They turned and the duck seemed surprised at the sound. It looked around and then shook its head, "But that's impossible. That's not possible!"

Little one, just because I do not talk often does not mean it is impossible

Cybelline looked as the duck seemed to back away in disbelief. Then, it bowed deeply and hissed at Cybelline, "Bow...You are in the face of greatness. The beginning of all realms and creations. Everything in every world came from her. Everything will return to her. She is this Dominion's Goddess."

Cybelline stood where she was and looked at the tree.

CRACK

The tree's bark cracked and a woman with robes of green stepped lithely onto the earth. Her skin was a beautiful green and she wore a crown of crystal leaves on her hair. She seemed to be moving and standing still at the same time.

The duck trembled as it looked at the woman from the great tree. She walked towards them, a smile on her face.

She stood in front of Cybelline and shrunk down to her side. Cybelline tilted her head and so did the green woman.

"She does not need to bow." The woman said, "After everything I put her through, I should bow to her." She looked Cybelline over and said, "I am Rhia, this is my Dominion and my worlds."

Cybelline nodded, "Nice to meet you, Rhia. Now, why do I have the pleasure of meeting you? What the hell am I doing here?"

"Haven't you guessed?" The Dominion Goddess asked, 

Cybelline shook her head, "Not a clue." 

Rhia smiled, "You have passed all the trials." She waved her hand and a bench came into being, "Have a seat, child. It has been very long since someone has come to visit me. "

"You can do spells without speaking as well?" Cybelline said, fascinated. Beside herself, everyone else she knew had to speak a spell.

"A little gift I gave you as well." Rhia admitted, "In part for your troubles."

Cybelline looked at the Creator of Worlds, "All of of this... was your doing?" She felt a flare of anger as she looked at the goddess in front of her, "Please, explain." Explain before she decided to cut down a tree.

"In the beginning, I came to being in the form a tree. I could bring life and give life and in the end it all returned to me. I made this little land of worlds. But..." Rhia pulled up her sleeve, and on her beautiful arms were large patches of grey veins that ate at her arms, "I have no protection against external threats. There are many places like mine with other Dominion Gods. Much more powerful Dominion gods.  And believe me, child, outside of my realm there are very threats that could destroy this place I have built, as I am not strong enough to stop it all. So I began to search for anything, anyone, that could protect the worlds I created and built. Before it was too late."