Chapter 95

Above the Garden of the High Gods (World of Fae, Human, and Folk) 

Cybelline dove into the watery depths but did not feel the kiss of water on her skin. Instead, she found herself standing on the surface of the water looking at large garden above her head. It was far off into the distance but she found it easy to see everything that went on there.

She recognized the garden with the God Tree. There, three gods stood arguing. Cybelline discovered that she could hear them even though she was millions of miles away.

"We have to help them! That thing, that dragon. I have feeling it's bad. They are waiting for more of their brethren, we need to kill them before they all arrive!" Morrigan argued, "That is not a power the mortals can deal with!"

"They are just fae." Nimus said, his eyes hard, "Once those things have killed the fae, I am sure they will be satisfied."

"Why are you being so stubborn?" Morrigan argued, "Why? Is it because you would sacrifice your people to see the death of the Fae? Are you blind, God of Humans? Because once they all die, human or fae, they won't be human or fae. They will be spirit. And I have a feeling that those things won't just stop at their mortal bodies."

"So? What's a few souls?" Asked Nimus, "They will get full, and they will leave."

"Are you sure, brother?" Ephyerion asked, "Because what if they kill everything and come for all the gods. There are thousands of gods who would suffer from the death of their humans. And if they come here, are you sure we can defeat them?"

Nimus laughed, "We are gods! They don't have the power. Let the mortals die, there will always be more. We have nothing to fear. Nothing can defeat us!"

"Ahem." A voice sounded above them. The three High Gods turned around and their eyes widened as they saw the red-haired girl who sat on the tree trunk staring at them in amusement. And then she spoke, "Do you guys know how to get to the mortal realms?"  

They were High gods, the highest of creation. Nothing could escape them. 

So where did she come from? Wasn't she dead? How was she on hallowed ground without their permission?

"How?" Nimus demanded. Morrigan and Ephyerion said nothing, only stared at her in disbelief.

"I really wasn't planning to stop, but I'm not sure I know how to get back." Cybelline said, "I'll be fast, if you let me know then I'll be on my way."

"She must have been chosen." Ephyerion said quietly, "How strange, it took this long. It looks like we have a servant." 

Nimus looked at her as if she was a bug. 

Cybelline smiled politely, "As I said, can someone point me to the mortal realms?" 

"Shut up, mortal." Nimus said, interrupting her, his smile sour, "I can't wait to torture you until you wish you were dead. I have not been in a good mood. You are going to brighten it." 

"I actually didn't want to deal with you just yet." Cybelline said as she looked at the god, "you're really just an afterthought on my to-do list." 

"I will make you regret every decision." Nimus snarled when he heard, "I will make you bow to my power." 

Cybelline paled and her entire body shook in fear, "Oh my. A big, strong god threatening me? I am so weak and unable to defend myself. Whatever, shall I do?" 

She smiled widely at Nimus.

Nimus raised his hand and directed his power at Cybelline. He was going to crush her like a bug. He smiled in anticipation, waiting for her pain. Waiting for her to beg for mercy. Morrigan felt the rush of power and raised her hand, but she was too late.