32. What now?

A loud bang on my door woke me up, I had clearly drifted to sleep. I shot up, looking around. "Wake up you little shit! Or I'll drag you by your fucking hair out of there!" Seth shouted, clearly intoxicated and pissed of. I rolled my eyes, checking the time on my phone. It was almost 12pm.

I had a load of unanswered messages from everyone asking what had happend. Monty had called me half a dozen times, of course. I hadn't talked to him in a day or two. Seth kept banging and banging on my door, causing me to get up and open it.

"What the fuck do you want?" I asked him, looking up and glaring. "Where the fuck is my gun?" He questioned, beer bottle in hand. I scoffed "I don't have your silly little gun." I replied, crossing my arms. He grabbed my hair, bringing me close to his face. He spat on me as he spoke "Listen here you little bitch, you're gonna tell me where my gun is or I will fucking end you."

I held his hand, trying to pull him off of me but I couldn't. "I don't have it! Get off of me!" I shouted as he threw me down and walked away. I took a second to collect myself before standing up and immediately filling up a bag of my clothes. I put my phone on my desk while I stuffed essentials into my bag, my phone on speaker while calling Monty.

He replied in a sleepy, croaky voice. "Hello? Baby?" He greeted. "Hey, is your dad home? I'm comming over, I'll explain when I see you." I said, picking my phone up and throwing my bag over my shoulder. I was in some long sweatpants and a large oversized shirt that I'm pretty sure used to belong to Monty.

"No he's not home, are you okay?" He asked, sounding more awake and alert. "Yeah, I'll explain soon. Love you cya." I quickly ended the call, running out of my house and down the road to Montgomery's house. It was times like this I was grateful for him, he'd always been there for me.

I hated my life but he made it worth living. I ran as fast as I could to his house, taking a shortcut through an alleyway. I arrived at his door, opening it and rushing to his room. "Monty?" I said, walking into his room. He was still in bed but he was sat up on his phone.

He smiled and put his phone on the bed next to him. I sighed in relief, dropping my bag and phone and jumping onto him. "Fuck, I love you." I told him as he repeated kissed my forehead. I hugged him, feeling his warm and unclothed chest against my own.

"What's happend? Did Seth hurt you? You're safe now." He questioned, hugging me back. I nodded while looking up at him, my eyes sparkling with tears.
"Please don't cry, then I'll have a wet chest." Monty teased, staring cheekily at me. I smiled and let a small chuckle out.

"what if I poured a whole bottle of water all over you?" I asked him with a wide smile. He glared at me. "No." He replied, making me frown. "So, are you going to the spring fling?" He added. I shrugged. "I'll go if you go." I answered. He smiled even wider and nodded. I might as well go to this stupid dance, it'll be better if I go with Monty too.
-
The night of spring fling was mere days away and I had no idea what to wear. I had made the decision of wearing a dress but had no money to buy a new one. Well, that was until Jess showed up out of nowhere offering to pay for it.

"Jess, it's fine I have plenty of dresses already." I told her, lying of course. I had one dress. One. "Well you need a new one! Come one Angie, you need this." She replied, pulling my arm into a dress shop. I shoved my hands in the pockets of my jeans and walked around.

I didn't find anything that I liked. And I had a lot of options. I checked every rack before I found it. A short, red, off the shoulder dress. I stared at it for a minute, every tiny detail becoming clearer. "Oh my god! That's so pretty! You'd looking amazing in it!" Jess squeald, taking it off the rack and pressing it against me.

"Calm down, it's probably really fucking expensive." I commented, looking at the price. I was correct, $131 dollars to be exact. Jess made me try it on anyways, of course.

If I'm honest, I loved it a bit too much. Every second in that dress made me feel beautiful and...sexy. It was crazy. I felt brave and bold yet well within my comfort zone. And I'm sure Monty would like it too.

Jess smiled and looked me up and down. Her eyes met mine and we both just smiled. It was like she knew what I was thinking. "I'm paying for it." She boldly said, taking her dads credit card out of her purse. My eyes widend. "No!" I replied, holding her arm. She just stuck her tongue out at me.

I got changed back and handed the dress over to Jess. There was no way I was getting out of this. I needed a job, and fast. I was of course happy though, the dress fit perfect and I felt amazing in it. Monty was just going to wear a ack suit, even though I reminded him this wasn't a funeral. He'd also stuck his tongue at me when I told him.

We exited the shop with massive smiled on our faces, our dresses purchased and in those cute little paper bags you see in the movies.  We walked to Jessica's house as it wasn't too far away but both slumped down onto her bed when we got to her room. "dude, I'm never going shopping again. I'm so tired." I said, yawning.

She chuckled, putting her bag on her desk. "Well, that's what happens when you actually decide to be a female for once. It's very tiring." She replied. I rolled my eyes. "You know, I am a girl." I sat up and crossed my arms at her. She laughed at me.

"I know, I'm messing with you!" She told me, sitting on her bed too. "Wanna get wasted?" She asked as a large grin formed on my face. We locked eyes and nodded, immediately getting up and rushing down her stairs.