7. Blur

The party was in full swing by nine and i had met up with Ryan and Sophie. Me and Ryan took small sips of our drink while sophie stood, chugging all she could. "Girl what the fuck?" Ryan laughed, pulling Sophies cup away from her face. "I just want to get laid tonight" She excused, rolling her eyes. I laughed and suddenly locked eyes with a familiar guy. "Honey, your drooling" Ryan told me, snapping his fingers in my face. I shook my head and looked up at him. He looked ahead and spotted Monty, who was heading inside. "He likes you" Sophie noted, pushing me slightly. "No he doesn't, e-even if he did you know I can't involve myself with anyone like that. It would just be mean to the other person" I added, sipping my drink. Ryan just groaned and grabbed my arm, pulling me inside. He pulled me right infront of Monty who was stood on his own. "You two, TALK" he demanded and left us standing awkwardly.

"Uhm sorry about him hes- sorry" I stuttered, at a loss for words. "Its fine, ill just go get myself a drink and get out your way" Monty blankly said. "No wait" I begged, watching him turn back towards me. "Im sorry for earlier, i just get defensive when I'm asked about Seth or Mom" I confessed, looking at the floor. He smiled "hey its cool, i do the same thing" He acknowledged. "Do you wanna find somewhere to talk?"
"Just talk...or?" I asked slyly, moving closer towards him. I had finished four drinks by now and was definitely tipsy. He smirked, catching onto what i was doing. "Well, if you want to we can go to the poolhouse, its empty. Lots of room to- uh- talk" he replied, tilting his head. "Lead the way" i told him. He held out his hand for me to hold and lead me to the poolhouse, unknowingly being spotted by my brother in the act.

I stepped in first, followed by Montgomery. I sat on the couch and he sat down next to me. "So tell me, why are you such an asshole?" I asked with a lazy smile. "Im rough, what can i say? What about you, what makes Angie Foley snap so easily?" He got closer, eyeing my lips. "Your not the only one who's a little rough" I answered, biting my lip. "Oh yeah?" He leant in closer, teasing me almost. Our lips were almost touching. "Shut the fuck up and kiss me De La Cruz" I hissed almost, making him crash his lips onto mine. We moved in sync, his gorgeous lips gracing mine with every second. He didn't rush it, he took his time passionately. It was soft and delicate as if it was meaningful to him.

The poolhouse door swung open, causing us both to pull away quickly. "What the fuck!?" Justin shouted, staring at both of us. "Do you mind? What the fuck dude?" I shouted back, getting up from my seat on the couch. Monty got up too, snaking his hand around mine. "Seriously Monty? My sister? Angie what are you doing?" Justin questioned. "It was just a kiss calm down" I stated, rolling my eyes. "Yeah, its not like it meant anything we were just messing around" Monty added, my heart lowering slightly. "Seriously you were going to fuck with my sister like that? Do that to whoever you want but NOT her" Justin stated, lunging at Monty. He got a few hits in but Monty was able to get him to the floor in no time. I spotted Zach outside and called for him "Zach A LITTLE HELP HERE!". He heard me and rushed in, spotting the boys on the floor and pulling Monty off of Justin.

A few minutes later, Justin had ice on his head and Monty had just cleaned his knuckles of any blood. I sat down next to Justin, not saying a word. I looked at my shoes and at the wall infront of us. "Im sorry Justin" I managed to get out, breaking the silence. "I guess im more drunk than i thought. It wont happen again"
He looked at me, still annoyed but pulled me in for a hug. Then he gave a slap-like tap on my arm. "Guys like Montgomery dont do dating or relationships, you need to be careful. He wants to break your heart, thats his little fucked up game he likes to play" Justin advised and i nodded. Monty did say it meant nothing, mayne he was telling the truth. I made my way over to Monty who was now inside the house in the kitchen.

"Im sorry" I mumbled, loud enough for him to hear. He made a little 'hmph' sound and poured himself a drink. "If i knew Justin would react like that or that it didnt matter to you then I wouldn't have done it" I added, getting his attention. I went to walk away but was stopped by a hand on my shoulder. "It was just a meaningless kiss right? I dont want people to get the wrong idea" He stated. I walked away, not saying anything as i didnt want to let him see me hurt.

Montgomery's POV

I didnt know what the issue was but she seemed upset. I made my way over to Bryce, he knew a lot more about girls than i did. I didn't do relationships or feelings if im honest. "Yeah and then she just walked away without a word or nothing" I finished, taking another sip from my drink. "Dude, it clearly meant something to her. shes hot and everything but she's also a nice girl. You two get along, i know it. Go after her before she leaves" He told me, patting my back. I nodded and put my cup on the table next to me. I rushed outside to see her walking down the street. I couldnt let her go home on her own. "Angie! Wait!" I called, running after her. "What do you want?" She asked coldly. I cleared my throat. "I didnt want you to walk home alone, so im walking you" I lied.
"Look, you dont need to protect me. Your not my boyfriend and you dont even want to be. Just leave me alone before you hurt the wrong person. Because i am not a toy to be played with De La Cruz. I am Angie fucking Foley, I am strong and gorgeous and beautiful. For thirteen years i have basically risked my life at home to a guy who isnt even my dad. And i will not go through more torture. So thank you and have a good night"
She left me there, in shock. I could tell she was upset but I didn't want to make her even more mad.