28. Deadly fever

A week into mine and Montgomery's secret hookup thing, i started to wonder if i was just being unfair. He told me he loved me and he wanted to take me out, show me off, kiss me in public and for everyone to know i was his. But we couldn't, i kept talking about him behind his back like it was nothing. As if we hadn't just sweat up a storm the night before.

I sat in my room, working on some homework stuff when a tapping on my window pulled me from my thoughts. "Psst" I heard from outside. I closed my book and slid off my bed, heading to my window. I smiled and opend it, staring straight at the boy infront of me.

"Hello Montgomery" I slowly greeted, leaning down on the windowsill. "Hey Angie, you wanna go for a drive? I know its late but i really need to talk to someone" He asked, looking up at me. I looked over at the clock in my room, it showed 10:57.

"Alright then but you need to bring me back by Midnight, i have a test tomorrow" I told him. He smiled and kissed my lips. I almost melted at his touch.

I quickly got some slider shoes on and a small jacket. I let him climb down from my window before i did the same. We ran to his car, looking around.
-
We sat on the top of a hill, overlooking our small town. Monty sat on the head of his car with me laying my head down on his lap. He played with my hair but he didn't seem to notice that he was doing so.

"You don't have any plans, do you?" I asked him, randomly. He looked down at me and frowned. "I mean after school. You plan to go into the same business as your dad. Do you not think you can do any better?" I explained. He sighed and looked away from me.

"The only thing i have is sport. Thats it. It's not like I'm actually getting anywhere in the shithole of a town" He responded, scoffing.

"I feel like you're so focused on me, how are YOU" I questioned, looking up at him.

He let a small laugh before answering. "Fucking tired."
I nodded. "Fucking tired of everything. Tired of everyone's bullshit, tired of the same thing everyday, tired of comming home to people who wouldn't give a shit if i dropped down dead. I'm tired of waking up and I'm tired of people" He hesitantly said, shrugging.

"I'm sorry you feel like this, I'm sorry I'm not always so exciting too." I said back.

"No, you are perfect. You're one thing I can't get tired of. You can stay the same. Never change"
-
I was walking into school, my hands gripping my bag straps. We only had a fee days left until the final verdict would be cast on Hannah's trial and the spring fling was a few weeks away. I was on my way to find Tyler and Cyrus, not amused by their childish vandalism to the field.

I shut Tylers locker in his face, making him jump a bit. "Why'd you do it?" I asked quietly, straight faced.

"D-Do what?" He replied, gulping. I rolled my eyes, he should know what. "You know what. Why did you burn the field?" I repeated a bit louder.

"Those jocks are a bunch of ra-" He began but i soon cut him off. "You think all of them are rapists? You're incredibly stupid Tyler. You think Scott is a rapist?" I questioned. He slowly shook his head and looked down at his feet.

"Dont stick your nose into shit it doesn't belong in, okay? This is bigger than you know. So keep out" I warned before glaring at him and walking away.

I walked straight into a familiar body, falling back onto my backside. "Watch where you're going-" I said, looking up at who it is. "Sorry Angie" He stated, handing me his hand. I pushed it away, getting up by myself. "I don't need your help" I told him bluntly.

He looked confused but shrugged anyways. "Wheres all this comming from" He chuckled and scratched the back of his head. I rolled my eyes.

"What?" I replied.

"All this new attitude all of a sudden, I'm just tryna help you out and be nice for once" He snapped.

"You dont need to, you're not my boyfriend anymore so move" I clapped back, shoving him out of my way.

"Jesus" I muttered under my breath, taking a heavy breath.
-
I sat with my head rested on Justins shoulder and Clay Jensen opposite me.

"I'm pretty sure he's behind it all, he's the only person to have access to it all" Clay spoke up, looking straight at me. I lifted my head up and shook it. "He wouldn't send me those texts, i know him" I argued back, putting my phone on his desk.

"Who else would it be?" Clay asked, getting no reply out of me. "You need to stop protecting him and face the truth" He added.

"I'm not protecting him" I mumbled. "I don't like him anymore" I lied.

"Give it up Angie, you're probably still fucking him" Justin finally chimed in. I looked at him, shocked.

"Fuck you, at least he didn't let me get raped" I blurted out, walking out the room and out of the house.

Authors note:
Dude omg im so sorry that this took a while, it was Christmas and thats my excuse. I hope you all had a great day.!!!!!!