XVII.Purpose

My mind took some time to process what he had just said and when it succeeded to do so, I was speechless. Never in my wildest dreams would I had thought that he would ask me to be his partner. Lifting myself in a sitting position, I asked, confusion lacing my voice,

" Is there any specific reason you want us to pair up ?"

Running his hands through his silky hair, he sighed in frustration and said, "Do you not get it? We are perfect and compatible. Nothing can compare to that. "

" Compatible. " I snorted. " Ian, are you okay? Did the scent of those flowers back there, mess with your senses? Or perhaps memories of our compatibility? " I tried to control my laughter.

Something flashed in his eyes. His hand held me by my shoulders as he leaned in and wrapped his other arm around my waist.

" Why? You don't feel it? " He was very close to me; our noses almost brushing. The goosebumps on my skin were a proof that the temperature of the room had fallen very low. I shivered,

" I... "

" Tell me, Dove. Tell me you feel it. You feel us. " He whispered softly against my lips, his left hand now stroking my cheek gently.

I had no idea how things had escalated so quickly but we started leaning towards each other, just before our lips could make contact, he pushed me and I went tumbling down the bed.

Groaning to myself, I woke up. It was when I saw Kiara softly snoring on the bed, that I realized that it was all a dream. Observing her leg, lying in a very un-ladylike manner on my side, I concluded that she had kicked me; again. I sighed and sat on the edge of the bed with my feet hanging down and stared at the closed window which was now covered with sunlight.

Running a hand over my face, I groaned in mortification and made my way to the bathroom,

" Wow, Arianna. You finally had the wildest of the wild dreams. Thereby, breaking all records. " I said to my reflection in the mirror. " What's wrong with you? " I questioned myself in frustration.

" What is wrong is that you are taking too much time in the bathroom! " Kiara yelled impatiently, " Get out! It's an emergency!! " Chuckling, I walked out before she decided to break in.

I had a light breakfast as afterwards I had to practice with Drake, as promised. He escorted me outside the Castle to a secluded clearing on the border of the endless dark forest.

" You want hand to hand combat or use weapons? " I asked, raising a brow at him.

In reply, he took his position, " Hand to hand. "

" Okay. "

Exhaling deeply, I took my stance. Squaring my shoulders, I straightened my back; at the same time keeping my muscles loose. I motioned him to come at me. Taking a long, deep breath, he charged. His right wrist already in motion, helping me in depicting his attack and efficiently blocking it. The power of his punch jerked my shoulders but other than that, I was fine. He stepped back with determination burning in his eyes, ready to lunge back at me.

This is going to be a long and fun practice.

I smiled internally; ducking and jamming my left elbow at his side which he had left unguarded and kicked his calf, trying to make him fall. He quickly regained his footing and tried to knee my stomach, making me huff in pain. I jumped and turned mid-air to deliver a swift kick to his chest. He managed to deflect the blow. It wasn't clean. I landed on my feet breathing deeply, watching him as he stumbled back and bent over to catch his breath. We eyed each other for a moment and then Drake broke into a small appreciative smirk, making his eyes twinkle with pleasure. This curved my lips as well; he was finding this as much fun as I was. A crow croaked and flew over us as we continued to size up one another, in the next second, we blurred, attacking simultaneously.