XXI.Opening Grande

The hallway was lit dimly with shadows dancing on the walls, I walked to my friends and spotted Valium coming towards us, looking charming; clad in a white tuxedo. He had a soft glow around himself and an aura of warmth. The edges of his cuffs and collar had gold trimmings and he was wearing a golden tie; his hair set back properly.

Stopping in front of me, he held out his hand for me to take. Once I did, he brought it to his lips, placing a soft kiss on my knuckles.

" You look stunning tonight. " Murmuring softly, he now stood placing my hand on the crook of his arm.

" Thank you! You are quite a sight yourself. " I said, making him chuckle.

" Your dress really does justice to your creation mark; your lily looks as if dancing on your skin. " His eyes twinkled at me.

Before we could speak further, the doors to the ballroom opened for us and we all entered one by one. The inside of the grand room was full of people dancing around to the beat of the soft music; some were talking over drinks, while few were lurking in the corners enjoying their own company.

Valium nudged my shoulder, titling his head to the dance floor. Once I gave him an affirmative smile, he whisked me to it. With one hand resting on his shoulder and the other one holding his hand while he placed his free hand on my back, respectfully; we glided along the floor. Following a perfect rhythm, moving back and forth; we were lost in our own silent comfortable bubble.

Suddenly, he twirled me gently and gave me a small dip then guided me back to our swaying.

" We have the attention of the entire room. " I glanced up at him to find him already staring at me and laughed.

" Yes, and they feel like nails. And to think that being who we are, we would be used to it. " Valium rolled his eyes as we pull away and came back for another dip, continuing our gliding.

Our eyes met for a brief moment and until this moment, I had failed to realize that Ian wasn't the only one with beautiful eyes. Being so close, I could see that Liam's violet eyes had specks of turquoise in them, giving them much more appeal.

His eyes were truly hypnotic. Now I knew how, he was so good at hypnotism. A person could easily and willingly get lost in his eyes, forever. Though we were dancing, I could no longer hear anything; the only thing I was aware of, were his eyes. I was not immune to their effect though I knew he wasn't trying to lure me. What was scarier was to think what would happen if he did try.

Surprisingly, he too seemed to be in a trance as he stared into my eyes, resting his forehead on mine and whispered longingly,

" I missed you. "

My eyes widen at him and I tried to think of a reply as he lifted his head a little to take a better look at me.

" No matter what, if you ever need anything, I am here for you. You can trust me and I will always be here for you, Aria. I know we were don't have our crowns yet but you will always have my loyalty and support; whatever the matter may be. " He said, removing his hand from my back and cupping my cheek. His eyes sparkled with honesty and something else. Something more.

" Valium I- " He cut me,

" Liam. " He spoke softly.

" What? " I gave him a confused look.

" Call me Liam. "

I was at loss of words and couldn't do anything but remain there frozen and dazed. Liam leaned in a little but a movement in his back caught my attention.

The doors of the ballroom opened, yet again and my stare was now held by the familiar cold coal orbs. As if a bucket of ice water was splashed on me, I came to my senses, my back stiffened as I continued to stare in them. His stare was condensating, to say the least.