III. The Departure

On returning to the Castle, I and Stark had parted ways to get fresh and join everyone at the courtyard. As today would lead to me to a milestone of my life, shifting its path forever. I was brimming with anticipation as I got ready. Today, I was going to Cristalline. It is a prestigious institution run by the Legends where every royal and high ranking noble from all the realms came to get educated. Cristalline was also open for commoners. We all, regardless of our statuses, had to clear a test to gain admissions there and once we did, our entire education was free.

This and the fact that, it had the best faculty and facilities, made it the most sought after institution. This made the admission test all the more difficult, testing our knowledge in different fields. I and all my companions had, luckily, managed to clear the admission test and were going there together, today.

I quickly dressed into a red laced blouse, paired with a long black skirt. Deciding to let my hair open, I stared at myself through the mirror. Sunlight fell on my black eyes, making the specs of gold in them sparkle. The silver rim that ran along my iris, merging with the black, gave my eyes a predatory gleam in the dark. I got my unique eyes from my mother, she once told me that each Creation had a physical trait inherited from the Legend who created them. Mine were my eyes, I guess Vallium had inherited his hair but I wasn't sure about what Damien had inherited as he had same coloured hair as well as eyes as Lord Darkness, maybe he inherited something else.

I tucked my hair behind my ear, my waist length black pin-straight hair shimmer as I moved my head because of the golden and silver highlights in them. My hair started developing these highlights when I turned thirteen, entering teenage. I chuckled remembering the havoc I had created because Nathaniel and William had told me that my hair were changing color due to old age and that I was becoming an old lady, like mum. I had cried my eyes out until mom had finally managed to reassure me that nothing of the sort was happening, all this while Nathaniel and William had stood snickering, hiding in the corner.

I noticed a swirl of gold with silver edges, peeking from the corner of the neckline of my blouse. That was my birth mark, or creation mark. It consisted of a beautiful golden lily with silver finishing. I traced it absently through the blouse at its location, where my collar bone merged with my shoulder blade. Every Creation had one, I didn't know the purpose it served, whenever I this question to mom, she told me that I would know all in due time.

Adjusting my shirt, I removed the non-existent crumples from my skirt and taking in a deep breath, started walking to the courtyard. The hallways spoke extravagance. My mother had always had an over the top kind of persona. White polished marble covered the entire flooring of the Castle, the ceiling of the hallways was made into small domes enclosed between consecutive arcs which gave way to pillars. The domes were covered with pieces of glass with gold chandeliers hanging from their centres. This illuminated the Castle quite well at night. The pillars were plain with their base made of gold. Our hallways didn't have any soldiers in them, all the soldiers were stationed at the doors and large windows or balconies.

On the way, I met Nathaniel, William and Oliver. They didn't see me first as Oliver and Nathaniel were busy glowering at William was fixing his hair, using the window glass as a mirror. Every time he would style his hair and then ruffle them back in frustration for not getting them perfect, and the cycle would go on. If it wasn't clear, let me state the obvious: William, my darling werewolf, was obsessed with his hair. He can turn up at an event in rags, but his hair would still be styled to perfection.

Oliver was the first on to see me and sent his famous angelic smiles my way, elbowing Nathaniel who was shaking his head in disapproval, motioning at me. Nathaniel gave me a grin, showcasing his pearly white teeth and his fangs that stood out; looking longer and sharper. He was a vampire, his grey eyes filled with annoyance and his own dark locks looked astray due to running his hands agitatedly through them, with all the waiting. Let's just say Nathaniel is the least patient of the trio. Oliver, being an angel, with his blond curls and pale blue eyes, was the peacemaker and William? He was the obnoxious one.

Seeing that William had still not noted my presence, Nathaniel sighed and smacked him on the back of his head.

" Oof! What was that for? " William whined glaring at Nathaniel but his eyes widened when they fell on me. " Hey Ari, how ya doing? " He gave me a grin, his forest green eyes regarding me lazily, still running his hands through his hair.

" Currently? Waiting for you to be done with your make up. " Nathaniel jabbed at him, speaking for me.

" We should get going. " Oliver agreed and started following Nathaniel who was already turning the corner of the hallway.

I ruffled William's hair, making him pout and then continued to drag to the courtyard after me. I loved my trio. They were my guardians, Nathaniel being the head. I, Stark, trio and my younger brother, Luke; we were the trouble makers, keeping the Moon Flower Castle entertained.

My eyes fell on Stark who was talking to Nathaniel and William, his back towards me.

" Where is Luke? " I wondered out loud.

" He left early, your mom had some business she needed him to attend to. " Stark said turning to me.

" Alright, where is mom? " I ran my eyes along the green courtyard which had a large peach tree standing proudly in its centre.

" She left for a meeting with Lady Light and Lord Darkness. " Oliver chimed, offering me an apologetic smile.

" Great. " I muttered disappointedly.

I opened my mind and called Leon and Glaëder, my partners of heart and mind. Soon Leon emerged from the bushes, walking around the peach tree and Glaëder was perched on his shoulder. Leon was a giant golden lion, bigger than his kind, standing taller and all of us. His wise silver eyes held greetings in them,

Ready for the big day?

I think?

That doesn't sound very promising.

I could hear laughter in his voice.

I shrugged and extended my left arm for Glaëder to fly and perched on. His beautiful golden feathers shined strongly in the sunlight, almost painfully. Being a Phoenix, he was too big and heavy to be perching on my arm.

What did you eat today? You have grown heavy!

What is the point of holding those boulders over your head, if you can't let me perch on your arm?

And I had no reply to that, so I did the best thing and kept silent. Walking forward, I took my position and others took theirs. Leon was standing on my right, Glaëder still perched on my arm. Stark stood on my left, while the trio stood behind me.

Inhaling, I raised my right hand and concentrated in front of me, thinking about Cristalline. Soon, the air charged with power as it started surging through me. I thought about a big circular opening and soon enough, in front of us, appeared a golden portal. Keeping it open I addressed my companions,

" Ready for the new lives guys? "

" Yes! " Came an excited reply from William who was standing right behind me.

" If the make-up artist here is ready, them I'm sure all of us are. Right Stark? " Nathaniel teased.

" Sure! " Stark let out a bark of laughter.

Even with all the confirmations, I still somehow didn't have it in me to step forward. I was nervous, to enter a new life, to come before the realms after 14 years but most of all, I was nervous to meet the other two Creations who, like me had been groomed and trained to take up our respective thrones and hadn't ventured out of our realms since our third birthday.

Instinctively, I traced my necklace which somehow, never failed to sooth me. However, all my worried melted the moment Oliver placed his hand on my shoulder.

" Relax. " He squeezed my shoulder, giving me a soft smile. " You will nothing except prove everyone who you are and make them view you in the same light I view you in. " He gave another squeeze, " Amazing. "

By the time he stopped talking, I was giving him a full blown grin. Oliver, being an angel, always knew what to say. He spoke the right things at the right time and thus, strengthened my resolve in taking the right and, in this case, the necessary decisions. I gave him a grateful nod and earned one right back.

Looking ahead, I set my lips together with determination and marched through the portal, with my head held high and my companions right behind me.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!