New york part 12

Sara pov :

"Tring tring " my cellphone rang disturbing my baking .

"Hello my hubby." I said while pressing the loud speaker option.

"Sara, this isn't fair. I thought you will be picking me up from the airport but all you did was send your driver." He complained like a small baby without even greeting me.

"I know babu , but something came up and remember today evening we are hosting a get together for those who could not attend our engagement." I spoke like I am speaking to a small baby to make him understand.

"Yes." He relied slowly.

"So I have to arrange for the party and I hope you take some rest so that you don't sleep during the party." I joked.

"Okay my dear wife. Point noted." He said making me blush.

"The driver will be with you and will pick up exactly at 4 and we will meet at your bachelor pad." I said.

"You both." I heard my mom voice once she was sure Kartik cut the call.

"What mom ." I asked her.

"It's really very difficult to surprise Kartik ." She said.

"Very true, he gives us all the surprise and when we try to do something he always complains that we don't spend enough time with him." I said smiling.

"The cake looks good." My mom said.

"Thanks. Now I have make the best frosting and decorations." I said whining.

"Okay then I will leave it to you." She said escaping the kitchen as she knows I will be super angry with my frosting is not perfect.

After setting the cake in the oven I went to the hall and sat with the paper which contained the names of people who are coming to our party today.

I called Rahul .

"Hey Ragul , do tell me what your friends like to eat." I asked him without even greeting him.

"New engaged cannot be tired like this for a smile party." He joked.

"Morning Ragul ." I said.

"Morning sara." He greeted back .

"Just tell me the names of the people you have invited." He asked me and I gave him the names.

"Can you give me some time I will just think and will message you ." He said.

"Sure no problem." I said ending our call.

In 20 minutes I had the common list of food they liked .

As being a foodie I know which restaurant will have the best taste for each dish.

So I started calling 5 different restaurants and placed my order.

I left to Kartik bachelor pad after lunch to do the necessary work.

Rahul joined me to help. To our surprise  maid have already cleaned the house and even the hall was set in a such way it can accommodate more people. So our work became simple.

" Kartik should have told the maid to clean." We both said at the same time.

"I guess hall doesn't need any work , we should set the dining area." I said checking the house.

"Yeah sure." He said.

We placed a big ballon which said engaged in the middle of the dining area wall and few fairy lights.