Hero

Kartik Aaryan pov: ( Flashback : These scenes take before love aaj kal photoshoot )

It was my day off and I was resting in my room when messages started to fill my inbox. So I hurried and opened to see why suddenly there is a message rain . All the messages have the same content " watch koffee with Karan , Sara Ali Khan said very openly that she wanted to date you. "

In the middle of reading these messages my mother ran to my room and said " Sara wants to date you !!"

"Mom what are you telling, ??"

"yeah just now I saw in the tv but it ended now and you can't wait for the repeat so just check the host star app."  She started speaking nonstop.

" Mom , come and sit near me I will look now. " I patted the bed indicating to sit where my hand is so I could lie on her lap .

I opened the app and started watching the whole episode. To be frank I was so shocked when I heard her telling that she as a crush on me. She is a from a cine family and I am a very ordinary guy.

" Mom I have no idea what to reply for this. I am sure reporters won't leave me alone and you know what this means more publicity exposure than I have ."

" I know Kartik , that's why I am upset."

When I didn't speak like forever my mother said "Don't worry beta, you have a good heart so nothing will bring you harm."

Days passed I keep getting more links and videos where sara Ali Khan is telling she wants to date me , she wants my number, she wants me to text her and what not. And media is liking this scandal so much. I thought it's just one time thing but she is continuing.

I love media and my fans but the one thing I can't tolerate is if they see me with any girl they think that she is my girl friend. I may not be affect by it but what about the girls family, we may be friends but because of these rumours the guy who is gonna marry her in the past may doubt her. In this Sara said she wants to date me, and if I go out with any other girl they said I ditched Sara for her and her life will become worse . So I decided not to give the benefit by either accepting or denying what Sara Ali Khan said.

Kartik Aaryan's boy next door looks has everyone swooning. Already popular for his chocolate boy roles in films, he commands a huge female fan following. So it wasn't a surprise when Sara Ali Khan confessed about her crush on Kartik on national television."

Sara Ali Khan, touted to be the next big thing in Bollywood, admitted to having a teeny-weeny crush on Kartik Aaryan. When Karan Johar asked Sara on his chat show about who she would like to date, she immediately took the Sonu Ki Titu Ki Sweety actor's name.

The  list went on for months as I predicted when ever they see me or Sara , media is very interested to know about our status. There was unexpected number of people shipping me  and Sara . They even choose our ship names ( sartik, sarkar) but sartik is the most used word.

I was just fed up of listening to the same questions.

" Kartik do you believe you have a brand place among the people mainly girls and more ever sara Ali Khan said openly on the national television that she wants to date you . Did you have coffee with her ??" A magazine interviewer asked.

" Hmm hmm .... That you should ask to Sara . She will answer you properly." I replied with a smile .

" Everyone is going to ask you about sara Ali Khan because she went to the national television and said she wants to date you , she has a crush on you things like that, has she gotten in touch with you after that , or not it's going to be boring ....." a radio interviewer asked.

We both laughed and I started to blush

" or you are not telling us anything " the interviewer continued.

"Yeah , I am really flattered about what she said on koffee with Karan " I replied

" Yeah she is a very amazing girl, she has done well in Kedarnath and simmba."  the interviewer said .

"Yeah she is amazing and I am really happy about what she said about me."

"Are you guys meeting secretly or txting" he started to pull my legs.

I gave  my naughty smile " I can tell something is fishy from you smile " the interviewer commented.

Thank god he changed the question.

Many questions were about choose Sara or some other heroine. Sometimes the obvious answer was Sara but because of these rumours if I only Sara others will have a wrong opinion about me why doesn't she think before blurting she wants to date me on Karan show.

I started watching all her interviews, she was very active and so excited whenever my name is mentioned. I enjoyed mainly when she kept of repeating my name like more than five times when she was asked " the first five words that comes to mind when someone say the word crush ". And for the question what she would gift me after a long time she showed a heart symbol which was so cute. These small things doesn't make me to be angry with her . 

But as the days keep going her mood went down. I can see she is really hurting but I couldn't decide anything as I haven't met her in person. I tried to avoid all the possibilities of being or meeting her alone. Ranveer Singh and few of our common people said that she is very upset and I just need to say something even if it's a big no, but I couldn't decided what to tell her .

Whenever I am bored or free in home I just open my Instagram and type #sartik and all the videos and edit will come. I have seen some amazing edit. For instance there was a question if you like swipe or tell right if not  swipe or tell left. The question to her was Kartik Aaryan and for me was Sara . We both choose right. The collage was in two grid so first we can see her video and then mine. Us doing the heart shape with our hands was played simultaneously in a edit it was amazing.

There was in one interviewer I could literally see Sara's attitude or something in her change.

Interviewer: Sara I saw a online interview where you said you find Kartik Aaryan cute and handsome. And Kartik Aaryan also said in a interview he likes you and would love to give his address.

Sara : He would love to give me ??

Interviewer: yes

Sara : No, he hasn't given me his address

Interviewer: I am calling him now . Kartik please come and have coffee with me and Sara

Sara : no no I will call him

But all her enthusiasm was lost. It was not the same Sara who said please give my number to him, or who said tell him na tell him na . I feel guilty for making her like this.