Ganapathi pooja

Kartik pov :

"Mom, let's invite my media friends for this year Ganapathi festival" I asked her about it.

"Are you sure, Kartik?!?" she inquired, her face concerned.

"Sure, mom, why not?" We're going to celebrate anyway, and I don't want to throw another party."

"If you are fine with hosting Ganapathi festival then fine with me beta."

"I know I've become less active lately, Mom, but I should also invite or do something in return, right? I can't avoid other members of the media." I explained it to her once so she wouldn't worry about it again.

"I know beta." My mother paused and began to consider something.

I believe she remembered my previous Ganesh festival invitations and Diwali party or all of them.

"Make sure sara is invited." She finally said something.

"You literally scared me, Mom. I, too, had the same thought. Let us devise a strategy." I comforted her.

"This time, house arrangements for the Pooja will be done by planners, so come up with something new and nice. I know it's a little late." I informed her that we only had three days.

Kiki and my mother searched Pinterest and Instagram for a good decoration and a planner team to do.

"Hi Sara," I said on the phone as soon as she answered.

Yes, she is the first person I will invite from my end. My parents, as is customary, would have contacted relatives and family friends.

"Tell me Kartik, what's cooking." She inquired.

"How do you know that I have something to ask you?"

"Very simple handsome, you begin speaking or use princess if it's just a regular call. Only if you want to ask me a question should you take your time." She elaborated.

"Don't notice too much sara." I said it in a funny tone.

"Come to the point ."

"I am planning to host Ganapathi festival for media friends."

"Wow, Kartik, that's incredible," she said before I invited her.

"Wait princess , and you are my special guest and it's my first invite call ."

I only got silence.

"Sara , you there !??" I inquired after 3 minutes of silence.

"Don't be upset, my hero. I have a lot of media invites, and since Ibrahim is also at home, I can't afford to miss any of them. I also have to visit certain temples. So I apologize for having to decline this invitation."

"Okay," only I know how difficult it was to respond "OK" to her.

"Are you upset !?" She inquired.

"No, Sara, I need to call others as well. So, can I talk to you later!?" I explained as I had no idea what I was feeling.

"Ok Kartik , take care."

I just sat down, completely disappointed. Sara's refusal surprised me. She didn't even mention that the paparazzi would be watching us .

"Kartik , what happened!?" My mother approached and sat next to me.

"I called sara for the Pooja and she declined."

"Why !?"

"She said she got so many invites with ibrahmin and her schedule is packed." I hugged my mother.

"My stupid beta, that doesn't sound like Sara. I'm not sure why she said no when you called.Please call her once."

"No mom , leave it ." I explained that I didn't want to bother her with my problems.

"Shh," she said as she began calling Sara.

"Hi Sara Beta," my mother said as she answered the phone.

"Hi ma, how are you !?" She inquired.

"I'm fine, but Kartik appears to be upset that you declined his party invitation.Are you upset because I didn't invite you, or is there something else going on?!?" My mother got right to the point.

"Is Kartik near !?" Sara inquired.

" No, Sara, he went to the balcony to unwind. That's why I called to see what was going on."

"Yeah ma, I decline his invite and I am angry at him and you also ." Her response astounded both of us.

"What did we do sara !?" Mom's voice clearly indicated that she was terrified.

"Yeah you both are treating me like a guest instead of family."

"When beta and how !?"

"Ma, am I not your family !??" Sara inquired solemnly.

"Yes beta , what doubt you have in that !??"

" Den you should have called me to do the preparations for bappa arrival, as well as the offering sweets.But you want me to come along like any other guest." My mother's face finally relaxed.

I was also grinning like a fool, thinking about how badly she wanted to be in my house.

"Sara, but media people will be there, and Kartik has told us that we will hire decorators. As a result, coming here will be extremely difficult for you, which is why we didn't invite you."My mother explained why.

"Ma, I wanted to be a part of this Ganapathi festival because I know how special it is for you all. But I was hesitant to inquire. But when Kartik invited me, I was overjoyed, but when I learned that I was his first guest, I was taken aback and thus rejected." Her response made me love her even more. I couldn't be mad at my princess.

" Sara" was the only response my mother could muster.

"Don't worry about time or the paparazzi, Ma. I'll make it."

" I have a plan, when we bring bappa the next morning at 5:30 a.m., I will do a Pooja, you can join me in that, and when Kartik is hosting, I was planning to do all sweets, you can come before that and help me with it." Is that okay?"

"Sounds good." She stated.

"Don't think bad of me , I just don't want you to come untime and do join us for proper Pooja time."

"I know ma , sorry for thinking that you didn't want me to be involved in family Pooja."

"Sara , how could you think like that, even me , pa and Kiki wants you to stay with us daily but let's wait for the right time ."

"Even I am waiting ma." She said this in a sad tone.

"So Ganapathi festival with Tiwari, happy now!?" my mother inquired.

"Yes ma.I'll be there."

My mother terminated the call after inquiring about Ibrahim and Amrutha aunty.

"Kartik. My mom friendly smacked my head. You get upset for no reason, and I agree with her.At the very least, we should have asked her before calling for the party, and who tells she is a guest?"

"My mistake mom."

"Go, it's your princess; see if there's any other way to have her on other Pooja days." And you had better not bring such nonsense to me. "I became terrified."

"Lesson learnt mom , will never repeat." I said this while smiling.

"Look at you , can't stop grinning ." My mother teased me and then left.

I should not have bothered Mom.