E L E V E N: Three down, Nine to go

Song: Overwhelming by Jon Bellion

Kara's Pov

After the phonecall with Lenny which lasted about an hour and thirty eight minutes (Lenny kept going on and on about a boy she liked), I got bored.

So I decided to go to Mona's room. I wanted to go to Damien's before but I thought about what 'Angry Mony' said and did otherwise.

"Yoo, Kara's here!" I yelled when I burst through her door.

I was replied with a glum "Hey" as I saw Mona on her bed looking at the ceiling thoughtfully.

Great, now I feel bad!

"Mona? Something wrong?" I asked in concern as I sat beside her.

"Don't you have any more secretive things to do with Damien?" She said without looking at me

"Mona...look..I'm sorry okay?" I said getting a bit frustrated.

I thought she had forgotten

"Yeah you are" she said still staring at the ceiling.

I sighed. Then an idea popped in my head"Hey...I remember you mentioning a pool...wanna show me now?" I asked her hoping she would agree.

For the first time since I came in here, she looked at me and smiled "Really? Let's go!" She squealed and sprung up from the bed with speed.

I laughed at her and she laughed with me, not knowing I was mocking her.

"Do you have a swimsuit I can use?" I ask.

I swam last when I was eleven... And it probably won't size me, I mean duh.

"Tons!" She said heading into a big room which was supposed to be her closet.

"I have this pink one that mom gave me last year, this one I bought myself, this one mom designed, this one has matching slippers-" she said holding up different bikinis.

"-What about that one?" I asked interrupting her rant and pointing at a leopard print one piece tied at the neck.

"Oh..that..well, Nana gave me that for my last birthday...its rather ew! I mean leopard skin really? Why does it have to be an animal!-"

"-I'll take it" I said shocking her. I wanted to laugh at her but it looked like I broke her heart.

"Oh..okay.."

"Thanks! So should we change now? or at the pool? Or...?" I asked

"Let's change now...here you can have one of these" she said holding up a bright pink towel and a purple one.

I took the purple one wincing but still managed to smile. "Thanks"

We both changed quickly, (she in her bathroom and me in her closet). She wore a pink and white striped bikini while I wore the leopard print one piece

"Shall we?" She said  wearing yellow ducky slippers.

She pointed to a section of her closet dedicated to her collection of slippers.

Wow. Just wow.  Is there anything that isn't here??

I chose white polkadotted slippers. It was either that or pink piggy slippers.

We both wrapped our towels at our waist and took our phones.

"Showercaps are at the pool area" she added as we were on our way to the elevator.

I usually never used shower caps while swimming but I guess I have to for sanitary reasons or something.

We got to the pool in a short while and then the fun began.