T W E L V E: Satisfaction

Song: Not Enough - Juice Wrld.

Kara's pov.

===

"So who exactly are these people??" I ask, the introvert in me starting to panic.

It's only now that I realised that I've been a lot more open ever since I moved to the Mongul Mansion...

I hate it.

I'm losing myself. I'm not used to everything being fine and working out for me. Not like I'm complaining though, I would never want to go back there.

"Oh they're my friends from school" She said grinning

Ugh school. The thought of it makes me sick.

"Who are you inviting?" Mona asks while scrolling through her Instagram feed on her phone.

"Oh...well...My best friend back at the foster home" I say smiling. I'm so excited but of course I'm not showing it one bit.

"Oh cool...What's her name? What's she like? Think she'll like me? Is she nice? Would she-"

"Hey hey, easy" I say chuckling

"She's gonna love you, chill" I say, reassuring her.

You know, it just clicked that Lenny and Mona are very alike.

They're both unnecessarily peppy all the time, they both care too much about people's opinions of them, they're super nice and they're also really pretty.

"So where are we strolling to now?" I ask, tired of walking with no bearing

"The ice cream parlor, duh" She says before picking a call

"Hey...August? You're there already? Okay we're just a block away, We'll be there soon!" She says in such an excited tone, making me shiver.

"Okay we're running, it's on the next street. Race ya!" Mona squeals before she runs like her life depends on it.

I just stand there, glued to the ground until she notices and turns back.

"C'mon, Kara! It'll be fun!"

Oh boy.

===

"Wait up, dude. H-how...do...you...even...have...so much...eNeRgY?!"

I'm squatting now, with my hands on my knees, panting heavily like a dog.

"Oh I exercise everyday. You're so out of shape, Kara. You're tots joining me" She says laughing.

She lied to me saying it was just a street away. Even if it was, it felt like three streets!

"Are we there though? I don't even care. If we're not there, tell them to meet us here. No way I'm running any further" I say sitting on a bench nearby.

"We're there already, silly" She says smiling

And it's only then I notice the 'Ben's Ice cream parlor' sign with in-your-face-pink and aquamarine as the colors. "Oh"