Chapter 34

"Any plans for today?" Jennie asked from behind the kitchen table as she ate away at her breakfast.

I've just woken up a little bit ago and decided to make my awakened state known to my roommate as I smelled the scent of freshly brewed coffee and scrambled eggs coming from the kitchen, invading my room from the small gap between the bottom of the door and the threshold. Usually, I stayed in for a few more minutes but considering my tummy has been grumbling angrily, demanding I fill it with something other than the morning air coming in from the opened window, I couldn't.

Rosie hasn't slept over so for the first time in a week, I've woken up to an empty bed warmed up by only the streaks of sunlight coming in from the gaps in the shutters. I quickly realized I wasn't particularly fond of the feeling of waking up alone.

Before all this started, before I've fallen head over heels for Rosie, the idea of sleeping alone didn't pose a threat to my sleeping schedule nor the feeling of content I felt when I slipped under the sheets. Unfortunately for me, this seemed to change faster than I've expected (not that I did exactly see it coming) and suddenly, sleeping without another body pressed up against mine sounded quite offputting.

Perhaps that was the reason I didn't stay in the safety of fluffy pillows and white sheets for any longer after I've exited dreamland and entered the real world. There was nothing keeping me there. No head resting in the crook of my neck, no arm draped over my waist or clutching at the fabric of my shirt. There was no one I wanted to spend my time on, by staring at the mess of hair and entangled limbs.

Early bird wasn't exactly the word I'd use to describe how my mornings went, but I still woke up earlier than my roommate. But then again, that wasn't exactly an achievement. It worked for us, though. I wasn't annoying in the mornings, trying to pull Jennie away from her lover - the mattress she was practically writing poems for since she bought it. And since Jennie slept for even longer than I did, so she didn't try to wake me either.

But the world didn't seem to change only for me. Jennie became quite the early bird herself whenever Jisoo stayed over, and even when she didn't, she woke up early, as she probably couldn't wait to see the raven. I, on the other hand, started waking up later in the mornings. Well, I woke up at the same time but instead of spending just a couple more minutes in my bed, scrolling through social media, before getting up and making my way to the kitchen to get breakfast, I stayed in for even an hour or two, admiring the blonde girl in my arms.

Since there was no Rosie to wake up to this time, I, for the first time in a while, made my way out of the bedroom at an early hour. Jennie, as was usual since she started dating Jisoo, was already seated behind the dining table, sipping orange juice as she looked at her phone.

"Yup, I'm meeting with Rosie later, we're going shopping," I informed the brunette absentmindedly, as I took a hold of the green-colored spatula and scooped some eggs on top of my empty plate.

I was practically drooling the whole six feet I had to walk to get to the table, as I haven't taken my eyes off the food on top of my plate. It has been a while since I've woken up feeling this hungry, and I couldn't wait to dig a fork in and scoop some breakfast food inside my mouth.

"Shopping?" Jennie asked puzzle, as she looked up from her plate, not quite believing I'd willingly spend my day walking from one clothing store to another.

It wasn't that I hated shopping for clothes, it just wasn't on top of my to-do list. I was fine with it if I planned it beforehand, and I've completely submitted to the idea of spending my day changing into hundreds of clothes. If I got used to the idea, it was fun even. But that only happened rarely, so I couldn't blame Jennie for being a little skeptical.