Chapter 13

I caught her looking me up and down, her eyes focusing on my uncovered legs for maybe a little too long, before meeting my eyes again with a smirk and a sly grin. I wondered what was going on inside the taller girl's head, but decided to let it go, at least for the time being.

"What are you doing here?" I asked the girl standing tall in front of me.

"The same thing you are, I guess," she replied, equally as confused. 

We were supposed to meet after the haunted house after all and here she was, in front of me. She must've been a part of our group, standing somewhere in the front because I haven't noticed her. Or maybe it was the newly dyed hair that didn't ring any bells.

But why was Rosie alone? Her being here must've meant Jennie and Jisoo were here too, but why weren't they all together. Maybe the same thing that happened to me happened to Rosie and that's why she was all alone in this god awful house. Besides, I knew the red-haired girl wasn't exactly a fan of scary things as she voiced her disapproval with Jisoos idea a week ago. There was no way she was on her own willingly, because she, unlike me, was a scaredy-cat.

She was trying to stay calm and collected, I could tell, but there was distress in her eyes, slight panic even, as she looked around for any inkling of danger. 

Just as I was about to ask her more questions or just suggest we should get the hell out of here, a screech of old wood sounded throughout the house and Rosie yelped as she grabbed onto my arm, latching onto it tightly.

Realization seemed to hit her a few seconds later, as she let go of my arm, brushing some nonexistent dust from her dress and putting on a brave face, like she wasn't about to lose it seconds ago. It was adorable if you asked me, trying to convince me and more importantly herself that she wasn't frightened and that she was completely fine.

A smile tugged on the corner of my lips and I let it surface, as I looked at Rosie who was still doing her best not to turn her head around to glance at any potential threats, and in lieu of that letting her gaze roam around her, hoping to stay discreet. I really didn't know why she was even trying, it was so adorably obvious.

Me, being the amazing friend I was, grasped her hand in mine, causing her to focus her distressed look at me, then at our joined hands and I saw her face relax. She looked up, meeting my eyes and smiled, squeezing my hand gently.

"C'mon, let's get out of here," and there I was, with a smile directed at no other than Rosie, entwining my fingers with hers, pulling her out of the hallway and hopefully out of this house that seemed to cause the, now red-haired girl, anxiety. We threaded cautiously, well, I did since I made sure she'd stay behind me so I would endure all the scares. No way in hell was I going to let any idiot dressed in some monster costume or with some plastic weapon scare Rosie. She looked so cute, so innocent and all too vulnerable when she was scared and it made my heart clench out of empathy for my friend. 

Even though we didn't know each other for that long, I've developed quite the liking towards her, though she was an idiot at times. 

As we were walking the deserted hallways, trying to find our way out, someone crept up on Rosie from the back, causing the older girl to cry out in fright. I and my amazing reflexes, turned around just in time to envelop her in a hug as she jumped into my arms, sobbing softly. 

Flipping off whoever the asshole was and mouthing 'fucker', I turned my attention to Rosie, rubbing her back soothingly, whispering words of reassurance into her ear as she clung onto me. I felt sad, my heart yearned for the older, wanting nothing more than to protect her and keep her tears at bay throughout this horrendous experience, she didn't even want to experience in the first place. And so I decided I was going to make this into a joke. I was going to show Rosie there was nothing to be scared of. Just how I got rid of my fright, I would rid her of hers.