(Glimpse)

We've spent the last few hours up in the dome together. The privacy of the place is wonderful, and I have been trying my best to show Jasper how I feel about it.

If I'm honest, I might have spent more time looking at Jasper, or rather his lips, than the sky. Luckily, he has reciprocated eagerly.

Spread out on the bed, the cloth blanket tangled between our legs, my head rests on Jasper's chest.

His shirt has been opened, (guilty as charged), allowing me to trace circles over his heart with my fingers.

I assume its relaxing, as his eyes are shut and his own fingers, which were previously twirling pieces of my hair, are now barely moving. The entire atmosphere is serene.

But of course, the buzz of my phone has to break it. While reaching for it, I attempt to control my annoyed expression, but remember there's no point.

B- Jacob will be over tomorrow to catch a scent from the intruder. You should come home and spend some time with Charlie.

Heat slashes my stomach, making my fingers curl and my teeth to sharpen. Something else must have changed, as Jasper shifts underneath me.

"What's the matter, love?" he asks, nuzzling my head, his voice sleepy.

"Bella." I drop my phone onto the bed, not wanting to crush it, and sit up.

The memory of earlier events comes crashing back, destroying my mood and returning my body to a state of tension.

She always has to ruin my time with Jasper. I don't know whether it's an impulse or an accident. Regardless, I'm sick of it. Why can't I just have one full night alone with with him, without any interruptions?

But she is right about Dad. I should go see him. I haven't spent a lot of time around him lately. Mainly due to the whole vampire-fae thing, but he's still my Dad. I don't want him to think I don't care.

Jasper sits up too, brushing his hair back from his face. "What did she say?"

"The pack is getting involved. She told me to see Dad," I say, sighing as I rub my neck.

"If the pack is getting involved then I would prefer you to move in as soon as possible. I don't trust them to protect you. And I especially don't like the idea of Adrian lurking outside your bedroom window," he says.

An image of Adrian standing outside my window comes to mind, and I force it away. Even thinking about him now makes me angry or sick. Neither are good.

"I'll talk to Dad, and text you his answer. We can move my stuff over easily. I don't own much," I say, with a soft laugh.

"We can start filling up your side of the bookcase," Jasper says, a smile growing on his lips.

"It's not official until you share a bookcase," I say, looking over shoulder at him.

He leans forward to kiss me. It's a quick, sweet kiss, and after, he puts our foreheads together. That action has become very dear to me.

"This is the first time in a long time I've felt genuinely giddy about my future," he says softly, eyes closed as a grin stretching across his whole face.

"I thought the day we met was that day," I joke, "my presence alone was a blessing."

Although I intended it as a joke, Jasper's words and tone say he didn't see it as one.

"Yes, it is." He opens his eyes and leans back, tucking a piece of curling hair behind my ear. "But, no. The day we met is the day you reminded me I wasn't actually dead. Each time we met, you would help me experience another emotion for myself, instead of feeding off everyone else. Today is the day you give me back excitement."