Family Truths

Jon's POV

I quickly followed as Skyler was wheeled into a hospital room, when I noticed her eyes flickering. A nurse told me to wait outside. Of course I didn't listen though... Sky's breathing increased and she slowly opened her eyes as the doctor spoke to her.

"Miss Levesque, can you tell me where you are?"

Levesque? I thought her and Scott's surnames were McMahon...

Suddenly, she started thrashing around and trying to get off the bed. My eyes widened in alarm as the two nurses tried to hold her down.

"Let me go!" She shouted. "I need to see my brother!"

"He's fine Sky, relax." I tried to soothe her, walking closer to the bed.

She looked up at me, startled. Her eyes glistened with fear but realisation crossed her face when she saw it was me.

"Let them check you over, the sooner you do that the sooner we can go see him alright?" I said gently. She slowly nodded her head in response and lay back down on the bed. The doctor and two nurses gave me a look of thanks before continuing to check Skyler over.

I was later sent to a 'family room' as Sky was taken away for a scan to make sure there was no serious damage to her head. Entering the room I saw Joe and Colby asleep on two chairs.

"Hey!" I shouted, shaking them awake. "What are you two doing here?"

"Came to see Sky." Colby mumbled, rubbing his eyes and Joe nodded in agreement.

"Shouldn't you be halfway to the next city?" I asked, confused.

"Nah, time off." Joe smiled but they both looked confused too.

"What the hell is going on?" I hissed, extremely frustrated.

"We don't know man." Colby defended. "Steph said she wanted to talk to us all... when Skyler's out of here."

I was about to respond when the door opened and Shane came in.

"How is she?" He asked, eyes shining with concern.

"She's away for some scans... care to tell us what the hell is going on? Cause you clearly know something we don't."

"Dude, I just told you-" Colby started before I cut him off.

"I don't give a damn! You didn't just have to watch nurses pin Skyler down cause she was freaking out and wanted to go see her brother!"

Apparently during my outburst, Stephanie walked in because when I turned to face Shane, I was also met with Stephanie who looked distraught at my words.

Agh, hell.

Shane's POV

"I thought I told you to stay at the hotel. You'll be no good to Sky in this mess." I said gently to my sister, referring to the tears now rolling down her face.

"She's my daughter Shane. I had to see if she's okay. A doctor told me she's getting a scan but she seems okay." Her eyes moved on to Jon. "She was freaking out?"

"A little." He said quietly. "But she calmed down pretty quick."

"Good." She sighed, taking a seat. "She's never liked hospitals. When she was little, she broke her wrist jumping off the top rope when her and Scott snuck out of my office and into the ring." She smiled fondly, thinking of the memory. "I think she cried and screamed more at the hospital, getting it fixed than she did when she broke it."