Return Home

Skyler's POV

Sitting in my large house in Tampa, Florida, that I unfortunately shared with my twin brother Scott, I was watching Criminal Minds when I got startled by my phone ringing. You know if I had it my way I'd be staying in a small cosy apartment by myself but according to my Mom and Grandfather, it was 'dangerous'. So my parents got us a huge house house to share...god knows why, we're hardly ever home. It gets so lonely around here but at lease we have a pool!

What is that noise..?

Oh shit my phone! Looking at the screen I saw it was my Dad calling.

"Yelloooo!" I shouted loudly, laughing as I heard a wince from the other end of the call.

"Skyler I've been calling for 15 minutes! What were you doing?" Typical overprotective Dad. Yep who knew The King of Kings was a big softy!

"Sorry Dad, I was in the pool." I lied but regretted it straight away, insert face palm.

"WHAT?? SKYLER YOU KNOW YOU'RE NOT MEANT TO BE DOING ANY PHYSICAL ACTIVITY!" He boomed as I moved the phone further and further away from my ear with each word.

I've not been wrestling for the past 4 weeks you see, thanks to Charlotte Rhinestone Face Flair, I was sent home to rest due to a concussion and bruised ribs! The crazy woman attacked me after my most recent match against Becky Lynch. Unfortunately, I was exhausted from the match we just put on and couldn't do much to defend myself, that was until the Bella's came out to my rescue, I love those two!

"No, I didn't mean I was swimming, I mean uh I was just sitting in the pool, no swimming, promise!" I said quickly before I give the old man a heart attack. Sheeesh

"I'm just kidding sweetheart." He laughed "I'm just off the phone with the doc, you're cleared!"

Wow...Asshole...wait cleared? YES CHANTS ALL ROUND!!

"Really?? When can I come back?" I say eagerly.

"Well actually tomorrow night Raw is in Jacksonville at the VyStar Arena! The Bella's are supposed to be in a tag match with Natalya against Paige, Sonya and Mandy but Natalya's been sent home with food poisoning."

Poor Nattie, I hope she's okay but I'm glad a spot's opened up! I hope she'll be okay with it tho..I'll be sure to send her a text after this!

"YES! I can be their surprise partner?! Please say I can Dad! Please, please, please!" I beg.

"Exactly my idea sweetheart, I want to surprise your Mom and brother so keep it quiet okay?"

"Sure thing! I'll book a hotel and start driving tonight!" I said happily.

"Skyler I don't want you driving for 3 hours! You've just been cleared-"

"Bye Dad, love you" I said and hung up.

I was going back home, I was going to be back in the ring in less than 48 hours.

I couldn't wait! Four weeks off might not seem a long time but this is my first injury I've had to take time off for and trust me, it's no fun! I ran upstairs and showered then started packing my things, shoot I have to book a hotel! I decided to text my dad before I ruin the surprise

To Dad
Hey Dad, what hotel are you all staying in just so I don't book the same one and bump into Mom or Scott x
Skyler

A few minutes later he responded

To Skyker
The Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, drive safe! I'm still not happy about it though x x
Dad

I laughed to myself before replying a quick thanks and searched for hotels on my laptop while calling a rental garage to get me a rental car, call me the multitask queen! I would take my own car but you never know who you'll end up riding with, yikes!

Soon enough the hotel was booked and I was waiting for the rental car to arrive, I decided to text Natalya.

To Nattie
Hey girly, my dad just told me you've gone home with food poising, I hope you're okay! He asked if I wanted to make a surprise return tonight to take your place bc I got the all clear, would you mind? Say hi to 2paws, TJ and the other fur babies x x
Skyler

I shoved my phone in my pocket when I heard a truck outside, ah the rental car has arrived. I left the house with my case and bag and paid the guy who gave me the keys to black four by four. I packed my case inside and sat in the drivers seat, boy I am so excited to see everyone again! I played Alone Together by fall out boy and set off for the 3 hour drive to Jacksonville BAYBAYYYY!

Oh lord I've been hanging around NXT too much...