When I reached the pack house I scurried up to my room and packed my bag. I switched my jeans for jean shorts, so they'd be easier for pulling on and off.

I opened my window, threw my bag out, then I jumped out. Thank God for wolf reflexes. I shifted, then grabbed my bag in my mouth and ran. I just ran, and ran, and ran.

I ran along our packs territory line as long as I could. When I finally reached the ended, I just kept going. As much as I hoped the other pack didn't attack me, I kinda didn't care... Alex rejected me. My own mate doesn't want me. So death was almost a welcoming thought.

I didn't realize I was crying again, until the tears blinded my sight. I stopped dead in my tracks, and just fell to the floor. It's weird crying in wolf form. There's just tears, you don't sob or anything.

Sometime during my crying spell four werewolf's came up. I was so caught up in my own grief that I didn't even notice them until one growled, causing my whole frame to shake. Three giant figured stood above me in wolf form, and one in human form. The one in human form stepped forward, "Shift back." He commanded full alpha. His Alpha voice had little to no effect on me because I'm not in his pack, but I still felt the need to respect him. I grabbed my shorts and sweater in my mouth, walked behind some trees and changed. I'm sure I looked like hell, from all my crying.

I ran my hand through my hair as I came back out. Now all the wolfs were in human form, most with shirt and shorts, but one with no shirt.

"Why are you on our property?" The Alpha commanded again.

"I ran away from my pack." I tried to keep my head high, but tears pricked my eyes again. I bit my lip and looked at the ground to hold them back. My body shook with worry and tears, my breathing was labored and I could barley stand up straight. They were going to kill me. I was technically a rouge and Alpha's have to protect their packs from rouges. He'll kill me.

"Why?" He commanded again, causing me to jump. I was gripping a part of my sweater in my hands messing with it, a nervous tick from being in front of this angry Alpha.

"Chase, chill dude! She's too weak to do any of us harm. Plus, she's a wreck." Said the tall blonde with no shirt. I was weak. That's why Alex rejected me. I looked over to see him walking towards me. I took a cautious step back. But he just took another step and wrapped his arms around me. At first I stayed tense, but eventually I caved into him and hugged him back, sobbing into him.

"Now why is a beautiful girl like you, crying?" He whispered into my hair. His hands held me by the waist, my head tucked into his chest.

"You don't really care, but thanks for being kind." I pulled back and looked to the Alpha. "I'm sorry, I'll leave if you don't want me on your land. Or kill me of you'd rather. I was just passing through. Sorry." I turned and reached for my bag, with my back turned this would be a perfect opportunity for the Alpha to snap my neck faster than I could ever even think about defending myself. I did it on purpose. Giving him the chance to make my pain go away. I paused a second. I could hear no movement as I waited.

As I started to walk away, a hand reached out and caught my wrist. I turned to see the Alpha looking at me with cautious eyes, "I wanna know your story before we send you on your way. It's not safe for a girl to be out there on her own, especially one as pretty as you. People will take advantage of that."

I blushed at the compliment, it was definitely one I did not get often. "Come on..." The alpha trailed off, waiting for me to give my name.

"Lexi. It's Lexi."

"Alright." He smiled. "Follow us Lexi." The boy who hugged me took my bag, and we trudged through the forest. We only walked for about 10 minutes before we could see a large home. Wow, I didn't realize how close I came to them...