"It went fine, actually. My mom always liked Noah, my dad was a little iffy because of the whole overdose incident, but Noah definitely managed to impress him as well," I said, describing our two-day trip in a sentence.

"Nice. So does that mean we can add your parents to the list of people who can tolerate Noah Parker?" he joked and I laughed lightly. This was the only way that Jay and Noah knew to express their love for each other. 

"Oh, Gavin was also visiting so we met him as well," I said, playing with the strand of my hair that seemed to be left out from my ponytail.

"So, you're telling me the first time Noah goes to meet your parents; your ex is there to steal his thunder? This is gold," Jay laughed, the sound of which spend across my room in a span of two seconds.

"Shut up," I told him, jokingly and threw the little softball I had in my hand at him. He caught it with minimum effort. 

"So, how many punches did he throw?"

"In his mind, probably a hundred. In reality, none, surprisingly. Gavin managed to impress Noah," I told him, smirking a little.

Jay had a shocked expression on his face, but before he could reply, his phone rang, and I saw that it was Noah calling. The only reason Noah would call him when he was about to reach home would be because he probably forgot his keys.

"Keys," Jordan and I looked at each other and said in unison as he picked the call and put it on speaker.

"Hey bro," Jay greeted him. 

"Hey, where the hell are you? I forgot my keys," Noah said and immediately after, Jay and I chuckled not so silently and shook our heads disbelievingly. "Was that Sydney I just heard laughing?"

"Yeah, I came here to drop off some of Scarlett's things. We were just talking about you, and your new best friend, Gavin," Jay teased him purposely, and I slapped his shoulder.

I could picture the exact expression that Noah would have on his face right now. "Oh, fuck off," came his reply, and Jay just laughed even more. "Okay, get here quick, I'm standing outside. Oh, and take your phone off speaker and pass it to Sydney," he said.

"Didn't you just talk to her?" Jay asked him.

"Yes and I did, and I wanna talk again and if you're done expressing your concern, can you just give her the phone?" he whined, sounding very tired. I took the phone as Jay extended his arm.

"Hey, everything okay?" I asked, concerned.

I heard him laugh a little. "Yes, I just forgot to tell you that I miss you so I thought I'd say it now. I miss you so much, precious," he admitted from the other side of the line, and my heart melted.

A smile instantly adorned my face as a knee jerk reaction. "You're so cute," I whispered.

"I know," he said, and I knew he had a smirk on his face. "Okay, now quick tell me you miss me too so I can go attend my video lectures peacefully."

"But I don't lie," I teased, and I could mentally picture him rolling his eyes at me. "I miss you just as much, Noah," I whispered, turning the other way when I saw Jay smirking at me.

"Yay, okay now tell my idiot best friend to hurry his way over here. I need food," he cried on the phone, and I giggled at how silly he could be. I cut the call and handed the phone back to Jay.

"He's exhausted and hungry; you should hurry," I said to Jay jokingly.

"Whoops, gotta go," he said, waving me on his way out.

I exhaled a breath of relief as I sat down on my bed, thinking about how much life had changed since college. About how I had expected myself to sit in the corner of a class, along with the possibility of having probably two friends and how the reality for the first time had managed to make itself better than my expectations.