PART 2 of this story :

So I decided not to make a sequel to this story but just to continue on with the story .

Now that Star was Marcos boss many would think it's awkward but no . All throughout their relationship they never had a problem at work . However they also didn't tell anyone about it because they'd think that Marco would get more opportunities than the rest of the office . Another reason was because their work policy doesn't allow them to have boss and co-worker relationships .

It was ok for them because they pretended to just be friends but when they weren't at work they were a couple . At this point they'd been dating for a couple months and the word had not gone out yet . Which was good but the secret was eating Marco alive .

A knock could be heard from stars door . She opened it to find Marco stand there .
" hiiii, what are you doing here ?"she asked as she quickly gave him a quick kiss on the cheek .
" we need to talk about our secret at work ."
" why ?"
" because this secret is eating me ALIVE !!!"
" I know but we have to do this or else we could end up getting into a lot of trouble !!!"
" I know !!! But can I atleast tell Alex ?"
" NOOOOO!!! Alex is the worst at keeping secrets , he's gonna tell the whole office before we know it !!!"
" ugh !! It's just I feel bad for lying to my best friend !!"
" I know how you feel but could you do this for me ?"
" ok I'll do it for you... but only cause we're dating !!!" Be yelled right before she closed the door .

The next day at work :
Marco was on his break and was in the break room grabbing a coffee . The door opened to show Alex , Marcos best friend . When Alex spotted Marco he came over and gave a normal greeting .
"Sooooooo Marco , how is star doing ?"
" Star ? I don't know . I barely talk to her..."
" oh really.....cause it seems you go In her office , ALOT !!!"
" yeah.... but that doesn't mean I know how she is."
" oh come on !!! Just admit it !!! You and Star are dating !!!"
" no we're not." 
" why wont you tell me ?"
" because we're not dating !!!!"
" stop lying to me !!!"
" I'm not lying to you, I will never lie to you."

However what Marco just told his best friend was a lie and Marco felt guilty about it .

Later that night :
Star and Marco were on a date at their favorite Italian restaurant. They were talking and enjoying their favorite lasagna with a white wine on the side . They were enjoying their evening until Marco brought up what happened earlier that day .
" you should've been there Star , Alex kept bothering me with the question 'are we dating yet?'... and I told him no ,not to blow our cover but the problem is that I lied !!! Even after I promised him I didn't..."
" Marco , I know this may be hard but you know why we're doing this , for the greater good ."
"I guess your right..."
Then the blonde put her hand on his to let him know that she was there for him . The contact of their skin made Marco look up at her . He smiled feeling a little more relaxed being held by his loved one .

Stars POV :
I understand Marcos problem, I do . The more I think about it the more I realize how much he is doing for me , for us . I don't know if I had too much wine or lasagna but I only now realized that I never told him I loved him....

But what is love ? Some people say 'I love you' all the time . Sometimes the word just slips out . But what does it mean ? The only time that it has meaning is when you really mean it . Not just when you say it .

" hey star ."
" yeah ?" She said looking up from her plate .
Before she knew it marco bent over the table and kissed her . She put her hands on his cheeks deepening the kiss . When Marco let go he didn't sit back but instead looked her in the eyes and said the words .
"I love you"
The blonde smiled , this was the first time , either of them had said this and this was the time he meant it .

Time skip :
It was after the dinner that they went home , back to stared place . Marco was gonna spend a night . While Marco was trying to sleep , Star was wide awake . She couldn't get those words out of her head .
"I love you "
Did he really mean it ? Was it too early in their relationship to say that ? Even if he didn't , why didn't she say it back !!!
It was difficult for Star to express her feelings... it was difficult because she was never sure if it was right to say it . She had a reputation for being a badass , strict and all in all , not a kind and sweet caring romantic . It would be embarrassing for her to say this but she was willing to make the sacrifice. Sort of. She turned over to her side , where Marco was laying . She thought he was asleep so she took the opportunity. She saw his sleeping face . God !! He looked so cute !!! She wiped the hair off his face and to the back of his ear . If he was awake he would have responded to that . Mustering up the courage the blonde begun .
" Marco , I know your probably asleep and you won't hear this but i just wanted to let you know , 'I love you too' "
Star turned the other side of the bed . Feeling at little bit accomplished.
" haha... I heard you say that !" Marco spoke in surprise.
Star turned over quickly to see him wide awake .
" wait you were awake ?!"
" yes and you just admitted your in love with me !!!"
" oh come on !!!"
"No take backs !!" He said as he moved closer to her and kissed her on the cheek .
" I knew you did !!"
" ugh !!! Shit up!!!" Star said playfully .

Marcos POV :
She did it !!  She finally said it !!  She told me she loved me !!! I was over the moon . Star isn't the most romantic person ever so it must have been difficult for her to say that seeing it isn't something she could normally do .
I'm just grateful she did because i think it will make our relationship better and stronger now that we took this small but effective step .