Chapter :1

Sometimes it's difficult to understand that maybe you and that special someone aren't meant to be , but if it really is meant to be then they will come back into your life.

—Bella

As teens we have a habit of falling in love and thinking it's meant to be. You never know if it really is meant to be but if it is they will come back round . We tend to get into a relationship because we think we love each other . Star and Marco thought so too .
They were only 15 and fell in love ,everything was going well until they ended it .

Flashback—
" look i think we should break up..." Marco confessed.
" yeah , I don't think this is working out either.."
" I-I just think we need to see other people.."
"I know , I guess we just weren't meant to be... Marco , I think I should move out..we can't stay in the same house after we broke up... we don't want to make things awkward..."
" totally... I-I guess "

Some time after their break up , star moved out of the diaz house and moved back with her parents to Canada. Star and Marco didn't keep contact with each other after that because they had their own life's and things to do . After they separated life slowly turned back to normal and things were looking better for them . They were always busy with school , friends , relationships and other things that they sorta forgot about each other or did they ?

End of Flashback—

Marcos POV :
After another couple years of living with my parents , I eventually moved out of their house at age 21. I moved to London for a year for a job opportunity. I enjoyed my time there but then I went to the Netherlands for another couple months (fun fact , I'm Dutch so I wanted to include that 😂)
After that I went to Kenya for another 2 years and another couple months in Cuba . The company I work for travels a lot and we usually team up with other companies in different countries to help build up our brand name .
This time we are moving to Canada for 2 years to help their company's brand grow . I'm excited for a new adventure and can't wait to see what it holds .

Stars POV :
After I moved out of the Diaz's house , I spent a good couple years studying business and accounts and finally I got my degree. After that I decided to stay In Canada and I worked for a beginning company in hopes that I make it a better company and get make it a bigger brand . I've made many friends , had a good time and things are going great for me . Recently we were told that we will be teaming up with a bigger company to get our name out . This will really help us and I can't wait to meet them .

To present time—

Marcos POV :
The plane just landed and immediately all the workers had to go the other company's office for a welcoming party . To be honest , I'm hella tired and all I wanna do is sleep but money is the only thing gonna help with my bills .
When i got to the place I have to admit , if I'm working here for the next two years , life will be sweet . The offices are so nice and well organized and the building is really big , I could easily get lost .
After I got a short tour of the place I headed to party room and sat somewhere in the middle .
A few minutes into the speech i couldn't help but feel bored so I looked around the room and looked at the new faces I'll be working with . I noticed a blonde girl sitting in the back , it was difficult to see her face features but something about her made my eyes want to keep staring .
When it was almost time for the ceremony to be over , the blonde girl in the back got up and walked up onto the stage . she walked down on the path with style and glam . She walked in those heels in such a way , dare I say it was seductive.not only that but she also had CURVES !!! Not to mention she was fine as hell !!! Her blonde hair reached up to her ass but it suited her .
As soon as she got on the stage and turned around , all my feelings that just grew for her , fell down .
She wasn't just any blonde girl...she was Star butterfly.
Atleast I think she was , I don't really know because I'm tired as hell and probably hallucinating.
I didn't know how I should feel about this ? Should I be happy that I get to see her after these years or should I be mad/sad because we used to date and broke up ? I didn't know how I really felt but everything else changed at that moment . Should I got up to her later and talked to her ? Do I say anything ? Do I do anything ? Oh SHIT , I have to spend two years in the same work place as her .

Stars POV :
As soon as I got onto the stage and looked at the crowd , there was one specific person . I could recognize that face from a mile away ... it was Marco !!!
I tired my very best to act professional and do what I came to do on that stage but a part of me really wanted to look at him just to be sure it really was Marco .

After the party —

As everyone headed for the door to go get some snacks and such , Marco stood by the door to wait for Star to come out . When she came out , she turned to the direction Marco was in because she was about to turn to the exit door but when she made eye contact with him she knew she couldn't turn back around .
" Marco"
"Star"
They looked at each other in disgust .
Star knew why she walked over to him and she knew the question she wanted to ask . " why the hell are you here !?!"
" I was about to ask you the same thing . By the way , I work here !!"
" well so do I !!!"
" wait , you work for the other company ?"
" yeah , I've been doing it since after college !"
" well same here !!"
" look were gonna have to be professional because I don't want to lose my job !!!" Star commented
"Why does this have to be such a big deal ! Our relationship back then wasn't even that serious." Marco barked back . Somehow he managed to hit star at her weak spot and she turned around and walked away professionally.
Marco definitely regretted those words , he didn't plan on hurting her feelings .
" oh come on Star ! I'm sorry , ok !" He yelled back at the end of the hallways while Star walked down the hallway , not concentrating on his words .

You may be wondering why is there all this cold blood between the two ? Well what neither of them wants to admit it that their relationship back then meant a lot to them but that's something neither of them will tell .
Marcos words hurt star but Star couldn't figure out why ?

Time skip —

The next day at work star came into the office confident that today was gonna to be a good day . That was all till she sat down at her desk and was ready to work . As soon as she opened her computer and was about to start working , she heard a familiar voice near her and surely when she looked up from the computer screen she saw Marco standing there . With a serious face Star looked at him and he could tell she was a bit sour .
" Star can I just apologize for what happened yesterday , I shouldn't have said that ."
But Star was not having it , instead of being nice and excepting the apology she took an unexpected turn . She got up from her chair and stood in front of him , face to face .
" eh , what did I expect from you ? You've always been the type to not care about others . Speaking of which how did your relationship with Jackie go ? Or did you throw her away like me for another girl? Well I guess some things never change , do they ?"
And with that Star looked at him with an calm expression and then turned around to walk away .

Marco looked as she walked away and he was actually speechless . He didn't know how to respond to something like that . Though he had to admit , it was a good roast but was she doing it because she was mad or she really didn't like Marco . However , it really got Marco thinking .