Chapter :9

3 months later :
Everything was normal , the way it should be . The office seemed like it was fine but it wasn't what it seemed to be . That was the case for Star and Marco.
Ever since they shared that talk with each other and became honest you'd think it could get better and they'd grow closer together but it wasn't . If anything star drifted away from him even more .

Marcos POV :
As Much as I tried to talk to star and build back up what we had i just couldn't . It seemed the more I tried coming closer to her the more she pushed me away . It was complicated for me because i couldn't do anything about it and i didn't know what was wrong . When something is out of your control it's hard to accept that .

Stars POV :
Marco knew , he knew I was pushing away , yet he always came back ? Why ? I DONT WANT THIS....!
I guess it's the scars from before . Whenever I get close to someone they always leave.... right when I need them the most . I isolate myself from them because I feel if I don't come to them they will leave me alone and all will be good again. I guess you can say it's a fear of mine , though I don't say it I do feel it .trust is difficult to find in people and it's even harder to trust when it's already been broken .

Rumbling throw her desk there was star . Doing her office work as ususal . The sudden knock on the door made star wonder who this uninvited guest was . Marco opened the door with a plank of papers he had finished . He placed the on her desk while she didn't make a sound as soon as he entered the door . Marco saw her ignoring him but would it really hurt if he tried to talk to her ?
" so....I was wondering because it's Friday and all , would you like to come to the bar with some co-workers and I ?"
Silence . The girl looked up from her desk and at his face .
" no. I don't go out . Besides I have a tone of papers to fill out tonight ."
Again the cold shoulder.
" maybe Monday or so your free or-"
" no is no ." She is again but with a tint of annoyance in her voice .
At this point marco too was boiling up .
" Star what's wrong ?"
" nothing !! It's just I don't have time to go !!! What don't you understand ?!"
She said standing up firmly and looking at him angry .
" you keep making these excuses every week Are you ignoring me or something ?"
He asked
Just then the speaker came on .
" Marco diaz and Star butterfly could we see you at the office ?"
It sounded as if they'd been called to the principals office when really they'd only had to go to their boss .
They entered the office together and acted like their unfinished argument never happened . Though they sometimes acted like children they were not going to be unprofessional about it .
" ahhhh !!! Star and Marco !!! Thanks for coming . We just got a call from the company in town . They said they had the papers done . Could you guys go pick them up and run some errands for me ?" He said handing them a list .
It was a lot to do , it could take up a hole day . Some of these things were personal things he could've done himself . Star and Marco weren't his slaves and this wasn't their job to do .
Before Marco could speak a word Star interrupted him .
" sure thing boss !" She said positively as if she was happy to do it .
" great ,see you guys at the end of the day ." Their boss said and then Star and Marco headed out . Star got a head Start in walking and when Marco caught up to her he didn't contain his anger .
" what was that ?" He asked
" what was what ?" She said as if she knew nothing had happened .
" Star these are personal tasks he could do himself . Look pick up laundry , go to the grocery store !"
He said showing her the paper .
" Marco just do what you have to do , this is our jobs ."
" no it's not , we're not his personal assistant."
" I know that but i don't care . My career is important to me and I can't ruin that !" She said as she continued walking . Somehow Star always managed to leave Marco in the dust , speechless. It was like a power she had over him , and he'd never have a good response for her comebacks .

The hours were long and Star and Marco had completed most of the tasks successfully without much trouble. Now , all that was left was them getting the file papers .
They made a quick stop at the parking lot to load all the stuff in the car and from then on they would walk to the file department.
The walk throw the city was like an other day . Crowded , noisy and busy .
Everyone minded their own business and went on with their day , their jobs . The accessional vendor along the side of the roads trying to persuade people to buy their things . The smell of nice warm food that could be smelt from the opening doors of the luxurious and fancy restaurants accassionally. The smell of cigarettes that give you that city vibe and they cold weather that never dies . It really is one of a kind .
They walked in silence throw the city streets with no conversation in mind as they could only fidget with their hands in their pockets .
Both anxious to start a conversation but how could you start one with such a huge gap of silence in between them ?

Short chapter.... sorry. Haven't been feeling the motivation to write lately and been difficult to post because I'm not getting the feeling like my book is improving but it's failing . And sorry for making you wait so long .
Also I want to give a big shoutout to SVTFOEfanSeason5 !!!
This person is so nice and I would really love if you gave them a follow !!!
Thank you !!!!♥️so much SVTFOEfanSeason5 
Another shout out to
CossyBella2004 ♥️
ConorMcNamara7