Chapter :10

A couple days before :
Upon entering his office Star was feelings quite nervous . She was always called to his office but something about this trip to the office felt different .something in her gut told her it wasn't going to be pleasant.
A door opening behind star ,which told her his presence was near . She spun around to see his face .
" ahh, Star . Thanks for coming . We have to talk about sormthing..."

Back to the present :
The silence was killing both of them , more Marco then Star . Even after all of that putting up with Star he still came back to her . What about her made him come back ?
" we're here ." Star said as she stopped her steps .

The entered the building and were pointed in the direction to the file department. So many boxes and so many papers filled up that tiny space .
While they were gazing at all these things someone came up to them .
" Star ?" A voice said a distance away from stars back . Star spun around to her old co-worker .
" Kelly !!!" Star said As she went over to hug her friend .
" wait how do you know each other ?" Marco questioned , feelings left out .
" oh so you know how we got paired up to do work together for the next 6 months to help build socializing for co-workers , well before I had you as my partner kelly here was my partner ."star explained to marco .
"Ok...."
"So what are you doing here ,girl ?" Kelly asked .
" oh ,were here to pick up the file papers ."
" ohhhhh, I can help you ." Kelly said guiding them through the long tunnels of endless boxes and cabinets of paper .
As they walked the only sound that could be heard were the sounds of their shoes tapping on the tiled floor . No voice could be heard other than theirs . It was a spooky place . The room was only light up by one light at the entrance that didn't give out as much light to its surrroundings as it should have and the old air conditioning only gave it more scary vibes .
" so as you can see we have a lot of unfinished paperwork ."
" umm... but is our files done ?" Marco asked worried for a moment .
" oh yes , my co-worker Tad finished it."kelly repiled .
" TADDDDDDD!!!!" She shouted for him , the noise echoing through the large and empty room .
Another shout could be heard from the other side of the file department.
" COMING !!!" And within a few seconds tad came running over .
" wow so we really weren't alone ?" Marco stated
" I'm here , I'm here !!" Tad said while panting heavily, trying to catch his breathe .
" could you go get the files for them ?
F1 please ." Kelly asked and off tad went with a groan that he had to run all this way just to run back.
" soooooo-" kelly said trying to know what Marcos name was.
" Marco ." Star answered for him
"Ohhhh... well nice to meet you, Marco !!!" Kelly said giving Marco a handshake .
" nice to meet you too." Marco replied .
When they let go of the handshake Kelly turned to Star
" so how do you two know each other ?" She said pointing towards both Star and Marco .
" are you guys dating ?"she questioned
" nooooooo." Both Star and Marco reply . Both shocked they look at each other.
" so friends or ?" Kelly asks
"Oh, no no no . We're just colleagues." Star states while Marco looks at her confused and quite frankly hurt.
" I got the file !!!" Tad said running over to them with the file in hand and heavily breathing.
Star and marco took and file and headed off . When they got outside Marco stopped Star from taking another step . " what was that back there ?" He asked .
" what was what ?" She asked
" we're just colleagues ?"
"Yeah isn't that what we are ?"
" umm, yeah I guess but I thought that we were actually friends..." He admits .
" Marco listen we are not friends, I'm just doing my job and I don't make 'friends' Star says while making quotation marks with her fingers . Star spun around and walked off .
" Star what ever happened to you ?" He asked , this left the girl frozen in her tracks .
She spun around to that face of
His , what was he implying ?
" what ?" Star asked
" Star what happened to us ? We used to be great friends and all of a sudden it seems like you've changed."
" Marco listen to the key word right there 'used' , in the past . We 'used' to be friends , now not anymore ." Star said turning around once more to leave .
" What happened to the happy star I knew. The confident ,bubbly , colorful ,less work obsessed person who I used to call my friend ?"
With each word he spoke stars walking pace became slower and slower .
At some point she turned around .her face, was different. Whatever confidence she had just a couple seconds ago when walking away from the situation was now gone . She did this all the time , she did this when both he and her knew she was right. But now , Marco left her speechless. She walked back over to marco building the confidence again .
" you really wanna know what happened ?" She asked . Eyes looking sad , a look he hadn't seen in years . Marco nodded in response .
" I guess the break up made me this way, ever since we broke up I haven't been myself . I don't know what it is...you've always been there for me and when you left, it left a scar . Of course when you started working for my company it only brought the scars back . I couldn't handle being around you..." Star admited . Once more she left him speechless.

Later that night :
Marcos POV :
When I got home I went into the shower immediately. I felt dirty. I wasn't actually dirty but I felt I was, was it the reason for stars turn against life and love ?... she hadn't dated for 8 years because of me... she put herself through all of that emotional trauma because of me...
am I a bad person ?
I feel terrible when I didn't even know I did something wrong...
Was she saying that she never got over me ? Did she really still love me after all those years ?after all the pain...
I got out of the shower and dried myself off .
I looked at the steamed mirror and swiped a part of the steam off . I took a good look at myself and all I can see is a jerk... maybe I am.