Chapter 18 - The Ugly Truth

Y/N = Your Name

* 2nd Person's P.O.V

It was the afternoon, Everyone was having dinner. You were eating your meal while watching Maria. She was just playing with her food. Maria sighs sadly, she looks across from her seat to see Ethan. You felt a tap on your shoulder, you turn your head to see Max. He asked " Something wrong?." You turn back to Maria, Max looks in your direction and thought ' Oh! I see.' Max whispered " You're worried about her?." You said " Yes, I want to her comfort her." You added " But, I can't let Ethan know about this. He might get mad at me." Max thought for a second and an idea pops into his head. He said "  You can talk to her." You asked " How?." Max whispered the plan in your ear, you nodded to each word. 

* Time Skip

You were waiting in your room, Muffins was just sleeping on your bed. You heard a knock on the door, you walked up to it. You open the door and saw Maria. She was holding a letter, Maria said " I got your letter. You said you wanted to talk." You nodded and Maria walked in. She sat on your bed " So, what did you wanted to talk about?." You sat next to Maria, you place a hand on her lap. You said, " It's about Ethan." Maria widens her eyes and she grunted. Maria crossed her arms " Ethan? You mean that emo boy?." She looks away from you " Why do you want to talk about him?." You said, " I want to protect you." You added, " You've been mad at Ethan for nothing." Maria said " Nothing? He ruined my life." Muffins woke up, jumped from your bed, and walked out the door. Maria sniffled, You placed a hand on her shoulder. Maria slaps your hand away " Don't touch me!." She got up from your bed and ran out of the room. You sighed, You thought ' Well, that didn't go well.' 

* Meanwhile

Muffins were walking down the hallway, he bumps into a tall figure. Muffins look up to see a shadowy figure staring at him. The Figure evilly smirks " There you are." They pick up the cat and Muffins tilted his head at them. The Figure said, " I know who you really are." Muffins hissed at him, the figure chuckles while petting him. They sighed deeply " I wonder what secrets you hold." The figure added, " That way, I'll be able to escape this hell." Muffins lick his paws and the figure walks away with him " Come to my pet, it's time we reveal the truth."