Chapter 41 - The Rising Suspicions

Y/N = Your Name 

* 2nd Person's P.O.V

It was morning, you heard the monitor turned on. It showed Monokuma sitting in his usual chair, with a glass of wine in his hands. Monokuma spoke " Rise and Shine, you have exactly 2 days left to kill before Project 329 destroy your immune systems." He smirked " In other words, you can either die from the hands of your fellow guests or from Project 329." Monokuma twirled the cup of wine in his hand " In any case, the choice you make will result with death. So long, guests~." The tv monitor turned off, you slowly got up from your bed. You said before leaving the room " Alright. I better have breakfast then, visit Henry." 

* Time Skip 

You walked into the kitchen and saw Maria placing a lunch tray on a cart. You spoke " Good morning, Maria." Maria turned her head; she gave a soft smile " Oh, good morning, Y/N. I'm just making breakfast for Henry and Kate." You looked behind Maria to see three lunch trays, each tray had a glass of orange juice and pancakes with syrup on top. You began to feel your stomach growling. Maria raises an eyebrow " Let me guess, you haven't had breakfast." You nervously rubbed the back of your neck; you chuckled a bit. Maria sighed " Look, I've saved some pancakes in the fridge. You can grab a plate and take as much as you want." She grabs the handle to the cart " Anyway, I better get the cart to John's office. He wants me to delivery these to Henry and Kate." Before Maria could take the cart away, you both heard a voice said " Ah, Good Morning Y/N."

 You turned to see John approaching you. You smiled " Good Morning John, how's Henry and Kate doing?" John sighed sadly " Not well, their temperatures increased quite a bit. Kate still hasn't woken up and Henry's been having sleeping problems. " Maria spoke " That sounds terrible. At this rate, we'll have no chance of saving them." John replied " Hold your horses, we still got two days left. I'm not losing on hope yet" He added " I'm not going to let another one of us gets killed." Maria signed and mumbled to herself " There's just no use getting through that idiot's thick skull, isn't there?" She clears her throat " Anyway, I better get delivery breakfast before it gets cold" John's eyes widen " Oh, that reminds me. Have you made Ethan's breakfast yet?" Maria rolls her eyes at the mention of Ethan's name, she said " Yes, I've placed it on the table." Maria turns to you " Y/N, can you take Ethan's breakfast to him?" John said " Oh, don't worry. I'll take care of it." Maria said " Are you sure? Ethan did try to blow up the hotel." John chuckles a bit " I'll be fine. I'm the Ultimate therapist, Ethan won't be able to hurt me." He picks up the lunch tray and walks out of the kitchen. 

As John fled the scene, Maria began to show an expression of worried. You walked up to her, you asked " Maria, are you alright?" Maria took a deep breath " I'm fine. Let me just delivery these breakfasts." Before you could say a word, Maria pushed the cart of out the kitchen. You thought to yourself ' What is up with Maria? Was it about John meeting Ethan or the fact that she doesn't trust Ethan?' You sighed ' Anyway, I should deal with this later. I need to eat and visit Henry.'