*Thirty two*

"I had not lost one but two, say how do I live without my heart and soul?! the two main treasures that berth my heart."-jasmine

Chapter thirty two. And the baby?

Three hours. It has been three bloody hours and I have heard nothing about Hannah. I sat in the lobby with my head in my hands and praying to whoever is listening that she's okay. All of this had become tedious and it was irritating. The exertion I possessed were all gone, and my lethargic self now sat still and waited for someone, anyone to give me some hope. Her parents has yet to arrive and those that are here were Hannah's friends and mine. At least that's who I had saw.

"Here," Jace's voice broke my reverie as he handed me a bottle of water but I pushed his hands away and shook my head.

"I wasn't asking mate, you're going to need it. Take it." I grunted then obliged. I removed the cap and gulped down the water, in seconds the bottle was empty. Jace sent me a warm yet encouraging smile but I averted my gaze.

I cannot handle with that look right now. I just need to know if she's okay and if-

"Where's my daughter?!"

"Sir I'm going to need you to calm down and-"

"I don't need to bloody calm down, what I need is for someone to tell me where my daughter is?!" A familiar voice rebuked with fury and I already knew who it was. It perked my interest so I raised my head and caught Jennifer's distraught face and teary eyes as she tried but failed to calm Coach down.

I knew I had to go there. Possibly face my death but I had to. With wobbly legs I rose from the cold and uncomfortable chair then sauntered languidly towards him.

"Jonathan." I muttered as audible as possible and it seemed like it got his attention. His gaze abruptly snapped in my direction and before I could blink I was already pushed against the wall.

"What the bloody hell happened?!" He gritted venomously and I would be lying if I said that it didn't scare me but at the moment I didn't care. I only stared in his eyes that brimmed with tears and he eventually let me loose once Jennifer held his forearm.

He now peered at me, desperate, and that supposedly harmful look was enough to break my resolve. The tears I fought back flowed down my cheeks and he sighed then pulled me in for a hug. I'm not sure if it was to comfort me or him but I build up enough strength to mutter a sentence.

"Had there been any news?" Jennifer finally faced me and I reluctantly shook my head. John gave my shoulder a tight encouraging squeeze and sat on one of the chairs. Jennifer followed.

"Hannah's family." All eyes averted to the new comer and with strength I didn't know I had, I moved in a haste then stood in front of him and awaited the news that could most likely kill me.

"Yes. Is-Is she okay?" I questioned desperately and he smiled encouragingly then nodded.

"She will be. The surgery was successful, she'll make a full recovery. She was lucky she arrived here on time if not the outcome might have been different."

Several breaths was released behind me and apart from the questions that are yet to be answered, I could tell they were all relieved. Except me.

The doctor's lips formed a straight line once he noticed my distraught face. He knew I could barely hold on, but also knew that I had to know.

"A-And the baby?" Numerous gasp was released once more but I ignored it and awaited for the doctor's answer. I knew he had done this before and I doubt it got easy any time. He sent me another sympathetic smile and I knew.