*Fifteen*

"Brick walls waterfall, Dickie thinks he's got it all.."

Chapter fifteen. Game night.

.......

A week had passed since the game in Brewville and I had hoped Jake would have gotten back to his senses so we could talk on what the bloody hell we were doing but unfortunately he's still cold and distant towards me.

All that has happened have left me in deep thought especially if I was ready to forgive him or not. I measured the pros and cons and my conclusion was the latter, I was not.

Tomorrow I had the semifinals in the first twenty at Grooves Beat and all these thoughts about Jake had gotten in the way and I haven't chosen a song yet, but couldn't help it.

He invaded my thoughts as if he was an animal that searched for refuge and what frustrated me even more was everything around me reminded me of him. I was on my way to Dawson's house because he promised to help me practice for tomorrow including choosing a song.

Hailey said she'll meet me at his house so I didn't bother waiting for her. I pulled up in his driveway then killed the engine. I walked up the familiar steps then rang the doorbell.

Dawson's a really great guy and I like him as a friend unfortunately I don't see him that way. We had spent a grave amount of time together especially because he was my only helper with All Stars.

A few minutes more and a shirtless Dawson came and opened the door. My eyed raked all over his chest and abs then ended right above his towel which was wrapped around his torso and his hair was wet stating he just got out of the shower.

"Oh hey uh come in, sorry I'll go change." I followed him up to a room which resembled a recording studio.

Oh what am I saying, it is a recording studio!!

He left me inside the room I presumed to go change and my eyes scanned the whole place. It's not all those fancy recording studios where you stand behind a glass wall and someone else on the other side records you.

It's those kind that put together by someone like Dawson, specifically a very creative teenager. There’s a few stands and mics around the room, several speakers and a keyboard. There’s also other instruments like violins and guitars also a beat box.

I took a seat on one of the navy blue leather couch and picked up the guitar that was on it. I strung it and played a familiar beat. I smiled as I remembered drunk Jake and dad and hummed the heaven song.

Oh thinkin' about all our younger years
There was only you and me
We were young and wild and free
Now nothin' can take you away from me
We've been down that road before
But that's over now

You keep me comin' back for more
Baby, you're all that I want
When you're lyin' here in my arms
I'm findin' it hard to believe
We're in heaven

And love is all that I need
And I found it there in your heart
It isn't too hard to see
We're in heaven

Oh once in your life you find someone
Who will turn your world around
Bring you up when you're feelin' down
Yeah nothin' could change what you mean to me