Chapter 16

Third person's pov:

It's been a whole week since their first date where Taehyung got late for work the next day. Jeongguk had dropped him off at his apartment with a sweet kiss and the day went on.

For the past few days, the CEO had been coming to pick Taehyung up with a fresh boquet of flowers everyday to change with the previous ones.

The office routine was a little tough and tiresome, although. The new project demanded a lot of effort so they weren't spending much time together. That's why it wasn't a surprise for Taehyung when Jeongguk didn't come to give him soft hugs and morning kisses and to drive him to the office.

He called the younger to check if he should wait or not. First the younger just incoherent words before finally waking up.

"I'm sorry baby. Just wait a few minutes, I'll be--"

Taehyung could hear he was shuffling around.

"Gguk relax. We still have time, I'm waiting"

The elder chuckled and cut the before listening a reply by his panicked mate.

Taehyung sighed checking the time before he plopped down on the couch. What else could he do than play games to kill his time. But just after a few minutes, his ears perked up at some faint noise.

His senses are shraper than any normal human or alpha but he wasn't sure what it was that he heard. His thoughts were disturbed when his door bell rang. It couldn't be Jeongguk this soon. Why would someone stand outside but not knock-

"Oh.."

His concerns were answered when he saw his father in front of him. Kim Minhyunk. The man was in his mud forties, tall, smart and attractive. Taehyung always knew he got his looks from his father.

Minhyuk removed his black shades and looked directly at his son.

"Good morning, Taehyung. I'm glad I came here before you could leave"

His voice was soft but the authority and dominance is always there. The younger cleared his throat and stood up straight.

"Why are you here?"

Even his voice could tell how irritated he was a side from the visible frown on his face.

Mr. Kim released a deep breath and walked closer to him.

"You are my son Taehyung. I have every right to see you and besides.. You left me no other choice by not responding to my calls"

The elder spoke calmly. His son snickered and looked away.

"That should have been your clue that I don't want anything with you"

Minhyuk gave an almost sad smile and nodded. He patted his Taehyung's shoulder, keeping his hand there.

"I just wanna say I care for you. I don't know about you but I love you, son and I'm always there for you"

He squeezed his shoulder one last time before moving his hand away.

They didn't listen another car park until Jeongguk walked up to them and awkwardly cleared his throat. Taehyung's sour expression finally changed and of course his father noticed that.

Jeongguk's eyes widened when Minhyuk turned around, he was about to run back to his car because holy shit, it was his mate's dad.

"M-mr. Kim. Good morning sir. I'm sorry I didn't notice before"

He said shaking Minhyuk's hand and the older just chuckled.

"Fancy seeing you here too, Jeongguk. Must be making your dad proud, the youngest successful CEO"