Chapter 10

Third person's pov:

Things were awkward when the elevator doors finally reopened, mostly because Taehyung and Jeongguk both looked so- fucked? There hair were a mess and cheeks tinted the softest pink.

But nonetheless Jeongguk confronted the technicians and his security for being so irresponsible (not knowing his hyung was at fault- he'll be dealt with later) and walked up to his office. He needed to get his thoughts together.

Taehyung without a second glance, had walked away and the true blood could swear he saw the elder blushing as he accidentally brushed past the CEO. He wasn't any better too though.

>>>>>

Jeongguk looked up the mirror after splashing the cold water on his face. He stood there, in his private restroom, grasping the edges of sink and stared deep into his own dark scarlet orbs. There's no way in hell that he could've missed it this time. He felt it- loud and clear. Kim Taehyung is his mate.

He could still feel the way his body and soul screamed in joy when Taehyung bit him-

"What the... fuck- "

His eyes landed on the bite mark on his neck. He remembers Taehyung licking it. And he's no stranger in this world. He knows vampires have this ability to heal, so why on earth the mark didn't heal?

"Well.. Isn't it obvious, mate.."

A deep voice pierced through the air and Jeongguk whipped his head at the direction of it.

Taehyung nonchalantly leaning at the door of the restroom, a hand stuffed in the jeans pocket while the other hanging loosely and-

Why the hell he took his coat off?

Jeongguk completely forgot what the elder had just said and mentally yelled because who allowed his heart to go out of control..? Of course, Kim Taehyung, standing in front of him in plain black jeans and button ups with his brown locks falling over his eyes, looking as good as ever.

The elder chuckled and Jeongguk was snapped back

"Never knew you find me this hot.."

Taehyung's voice was soft, too soft that Jeongguk had never heard before but still there was a tiny little edge of smugness.

The younger coughed and looked away, clearly not acknowledging what the elder said.

"You're so full of yourself Kim. We have business to attend now-"

He stood right in front of the elder alpha who was now blocking his exit.

"-if you excuse me, please.."

"You know you couldn't focus on work with so much thoughts running in that pretty head of yours, right?"

Jeongguk snickered but he wasn't good at ignoring the way his heart jumped. He opened his mouth to dismiss the elder again when Taehyung beat him to it.