Chapter 31

Katalina's POV

"Where were you?" His eyes glazed over and I froze.

"That's none of your concern." I simply said walking away from him.

"Don't test me." He growled loudly approaching me. My eyes grew wider as I attempted to run up the stairs. I was at the top when I felt hands on my ankles yanking me down roughly.

I let out a whimper and tears were stinging my eyes.

"Now I'll ask you this again, where have you been?" He spat sending chills down my spine.

"Leave me alone fucking monster," I spat at him.

Smack.

By now the tears were falling. He hit me.

My body started shaking violently and I charged at him violently attacking his face.

He simply flung me across the room.

"I pity you." He spat walking away before kicking me.

"Oh and by the way tell your little angel don't bother coming here tonight or I'll kill him." He said before walking out.

I dragged myself up the stairs into my room. I mind linked my brother telling him to get here ASAP.

'Nix, this Lucas guy is out of his mind. He fucking hit me.' I sobbed into the link.

'HE WHAT?!' His voice boomed making me flinch.

'Come to the kingdom please.' I whimpered.

Nixon arrived and settled him out, also involving my father. For a few days, he kept his distance which I was grateful for.

______

It had been weeks since the incident. One moment Lucas was fine and the next something snapped in his brain and he went crazy hitting and abusing me. I healed quickly though.

I wasn't allowed to leave the house so I couldn't see any of my other mates. Xavier ran through my head making me bite my lip.

"Mhm." I moaned savoring the taste of the strawberry.

I've decided that Lucian will be voided and all memory of me will be cleared from his head. He didn't deserve me. After what he did to me he didn't deserve to be fighting to be my mate or to have a future with me. He needed someone else, I wasn't the one for him vice versa.

I tied up my newly dyed hair. I've decided to finally go black.

"You look beautiful." Lucas came behind me and kissed my neck making my breath hitch.

"Mhm, you look sexy." I licked my lips before he attacked them.

"The competition begins today, it was postponed due to unknown reasons. The battle will begin for the choosing of Katalina's mate." The supernatural channel boomed.

His body tensed. He didn't like the thought of me choosing someone else, hence the reason I was locked up for weeks.

"You're hurting me," I whispered. His grip tightened on my hips.

"Lucas." I whimpered.

He let go of me quickly as if I were venomous and walked out of the room leaving me there to cry.

*

"You look stunning." My mother smiled at me as I sat upon the throne. 

We were now in the second kingdom where competitions are held.

"Alrighty, now that you all are gathered here now is the moment of truth. Which one of you is Katalina's match?"

The crowd roared as Nixon paused after his announcement.

"Those who lose her interest, their memories will be completely wiped out. Only one can win. May the best man win." Nixon finished and the crowd went crazy.

I sat there viewing each man.

Cayden, Xavier, the twins, Lucas and Gabriel.

I'd have to spend more time with Gabriel before the games began.

I whispered something to my mother making the crowd slowly quiet down.

"Before the games begin Katalina will have to spend some time with Gabriel so if you could excuse the two it will be great." My mother announced.

"In the meantime, we will have entertainment." Nixon cheered as I exited with Gabriel. Lucas flashed me a look full of hatred which made me flinch.

"What's wrong princess?" Gabriel asked,obviously sensing my discomfort.

Little did anyone know I was being raped and abused for weeks then sometimes treated like a princess. Lucas scared me and I'll be damned if I chose him.

"Let's just go," I said.