Chapter 34

Kat's POV

It had been a day since I woke up in the hospital. I felt movement in my stomach making me groan loudly. "When can she leave?" My mum patiently asked the doctor.

"When we run a few tests to see if she can carry this child any longer. It's a possibility that she may lose the baby, her body is weak but there is a chance that she may be able to bear the child." Dr. Carson explained making my mom nod her head vigorously.

Everyone had gone home and the games were postponed once again.

'You're carrying my seed...I'll do everything in my power to let this child live, whoever wants to get rid of it shall be slaughtered by my hand.' Lucas' voice was in my head once again making my body go frigid.

"Relax honey we need to ensure that you and the baby are safe." She said sadly viewing me. But little did she know he was in my head haunting my soul.

A few nurses came into the room and rolled in a cart full of needles. My eyes widened.

"Only a little prick. You need these fluids." One explained while the others held me down.

My stomach was now exposed, and I was sporting my baby bump. The cold gel was plastered on my stomach and they injected fluids in my stomach.

I screamed loudly kicking. Everyone should know that I wasn't a fan of needles.

I blacked out not being able to take the pain I was feeling.

When I woke up my head was pounding a little. "Mum?" I called out. No answer.

I got up off the bed with the IV still connected to my hand. My bare feet padded on the cold hospital room. A folder laid on the table and curiosity got the better of me.

Yeah, I did it. I picked up the folder. I started reading the papers inside.

"Oh my god..." I screamed. I dropped the folder and backed away from it.

The father of my child wasn't what I expected and despite that, I wanted to cherish and keep the baby. But I realized when I woke up I felt much lighter. I ran my fingers on my now flat stomach I felt the stitches closing up and I choked out a sob.

"What the hell happened?" I whispered into the silent room of the hospital.

"They killed it of course," Julian said making my body ho frigid.

"W-what?" I stammered in disbelief.

"It would've killed you, Kat." He said leaning against the window.

"Where is everyone?" I asked. I didn't even care why he was here I just wanted answers and he was the only person giving me them.

"Kat..."

"No don't Kat me where is everyone?!" I yelled with tears rolling down my eyes."

The monitor was beeping fast indicating the rapid beats of my heart.

"Relax." He tried to coo. Ohh a demon was cooing me? How funny. But overall, this wasn't a laughing matter. Something wasn't right.

"What happened?" I asked sighing.

The silence of the room and the normal beeping of the monitor filled the room's silence.

"Where is everyone?" I asked again.

"We are at war. Things have changed." He spoke.

"War?" My eyes grew big.

"What do you remember?"

"I can recall many things in my life but before I woke up I remembered feeling pain and knocking out," I explained.

"Things have changed. Time moved forward and what seemed to happen a few hours ago, in reality, happened 2 years ago almost 3. We thought we couldn't get you back. Everyone gave up on you Kat. Your mother died. She was killed. Yes, a slain angel. Your father was at war with Lucas' kingdom since her death. Lucas killed your mother and was in search of you. The witches put a hex on you." He said slowly.

"They froze your body and heart so you would look dead. You are important. The balance to this world." Nixon said walking in.

"We needed to protect you, protect this world." He added in.

I stood there still as a statue.

My eyes glazed over.

"Shit, she's going into shock."

___

HUGE TWIST!!

WTF HAPPENED HERE??

Thoughts??