Chapter 2

Katalina's POV

"...And Collin you will be Katalina's partner for the rest of the year. She's also really good at art" Miss P chirped making me groan.

"Isn't that great?" He whispered in my ear sending chills down my spine.

"Move." I hit him playfully.

"Ouch." He pouted.

"Slut." Prissy hissed behind us making my mood change. I think Collin noticed but I wasn't worried about that now.

"Anyways you have to start this first stroke with the paintbrush. In Chinese, the strokes have a special order." I picked up the paintbrush showing him. He looked at me with amusement and smiled when I met his gaze which made me blush and turn away quickly.

"Alright class you will have another free art period tomorrow and I would like to see more working and less interraction with your partner." Miss P said sternly eyeing Prissy and my so-called mate.

The bell rang and I scurried out of class before I could be stopped by anyone. 

"Hey wait up Kat," Collin called after me. 

I stopped walking and waited for him to catch up.

"Damn you walk really fast." He eyed me.

"Yea, just trying to get to class."

"I just met you and I know that you're lying to me. For starters, we have lunch now." He raised his eyebrow.

"Look not to be rude but I don't want to talk about it," I told him looking down.

"Hey, that's cool. Just let me know if anything is wrong, I mean that's what friends are for." He playfully smirked at me making my mood lighten a little.

"Thank you...Péngyǒu."

"I'm sorry?" He looked at me confused.

"I said Thank you, friend." I shot him a smile before walking off to lunch.

*

*

*

"Lina!" Cameron and Angie called me to the lunch table.

"Oh, hey guys." I greeted them as I sat at the table and started to dig into my food.

"How are your classes with the new guy?" Angie wiggled her eyebrows.

"He's cool. He's my new friend now." My face lit up, I didn't have many friends and this was a new start.

"He can't replace me." Cam glared playfully making me giggle.

"Of course not Cam," I reassured him which made him smile at me.

"Look who just strolled in with the hunk of a man," Angie said looking behind me. I didn't have to look back I smelled the scent and my body went tense.

"Lina are you okay." Cam looked worried noticing my change in body posture.

"Y-yeah, I'm as good as ever." I murmured.

"I-I think I'll head to the bathroom. Wait for me after lunch we will go home together." I got up and left the lunchroom.

I felt suffocated in there. How could he not want me?

I entered the bathroom rinsing my face with cold water. I looked at my reflection and there I saw a lost, ugly, good for nothing girl who doesn't deserve love, affection, or a mate.

"I'm lonely for a reason." I sniffled wiping my tears away and leaving the bathroom. I was heading back to lunch when I was stopped.

"Going somewhere?" Prissy walked up to me making me walk backwards.

No no no no no this can't be happening.

"Answer me, bitch!" She snapped.

"N-no I was just going back to lunch."

"Why? No one cares about you." She said with venom.

I stayed silent taking in what she said. It was true I only had Cam and Angie.

"And those two friends you have? Forget about it they don't give two shits about you either." She came up to me slapping me.

"You are good for nothing scum. Ugly. Useless. Why don't you just leave the pack and kill yourself already!" She yelled grabbing my hair and slapping me some more.

I didn't cry this time. I didn't move. I felt numb and I took the beating once again. I was on the floor crouched up in a ball taking all of the kicks, punches, and slaps. My nose was bleeding and my hair was a bird's nest. 

I felt the hitting come to an end and I was grateful for it.

Yǒurén qǐng bāngzhù wǒ (someone please help me) I thought before my head became light and everything went black.

x

"Oh my god!! Someone come quick!" A girl yelled which made everyone rush outside.

"Someone, get her to the pack doctor quick we think we're losing her," Angie yelled and I felt someone pick me up and started running fast. The wind felt good against my skin. I wanted to open my eyes but I couldn't. Stay strong!

My wolf scolded me even in my weak state.

She was fighting.

Fighting for me.

Fighting for Us.