Chapter 46

2 WEEKS LATER

Katalina's POV

I stood at the gravesite wondering why things had to be this way. I wish I spent more time with you, I wish we bonded more, I wish I didn't push you away so damn much. You were great to me and I should've been greater to you.

It took some time sorting out funeral things, we wanted everything to be perfect. For someone, I loved dearly I'll do anything. Everyone gathered around and paid their respects to the dead and I stood there with thousands of thoughts swirling my mind.

Bruce, Amie's mate walked and stood beside me. He had a pained look on his face but he understood that this needed to be done. I dropped the red roses on the casket and wiped my tears. I shouldn't have been here, alive and breathing. It should have been me. I felt like you thought you owed me something but you never did. You had your whole life ahead of you. I didn't know what to think.

After that day I never heard from the twins again. They took losing Amie hard, I did too but that was their sister. They had their own mate and I've decided to let everyone be happy. I wasn't going to be intrusive and butt into their lives again, they've done enough for me.

"She said she would have died anyway, don't think too much about it. She saw two visions of herself and both ended up fatal." Nixon came beside me and embraced me. I started to cry, and my body shook with passion.

Her life will be remembered and will never go in vain. I thought of all of the moments we had from when I was rejected, down to me faking my death and running away. They treated me like family, especially Amie. She was the sister I never had and that's probably why she wanted her brothers to end up with me, however, things took a turn in an unexpected direction causing everything to be lost.

My priorities not only changed but they became something that caused constant stress on me. I wanted my daughter back but every time I turned I landed in a trap after trap it was annoying. Leah was the only thing keeping me going and if I didn't make it through this madness I hope she did. She'll grow up to be strong and powerful, respected and honored.

I honestly didn't know where to go from here. I regained my soul and my life but there seemed to be a huge void in my chest one that would never be filled. I've lost so many people throughout my time being, and also during my transitioning period whether it be to death or some other force. I was tired of losing people, tired of the sacrifices.

The only thing that mattered to me now is making sure my daughter was safe, I had to make sure she would make it out of this realm so she can grow up in a better environment. I knew that I couldn't just go in there and ask for her, Lucas would never let me get a hold of her. I had to go in there full force. 

Mark my words. I will burn that fucking kingdom down to ashes, and everyone will remember this war. Forever.

x

I wanted to start a new life elsewhere if I had a choice I would travel to another territory far far away from here, maybe outside of the country and start a new life with just Leah. The whole mate thing was fucking played out. I won't go looking for love or looking for courtship, I will let it find me. And I hoped the right thing did find me.

I put up my hoodie on my black cloak and started to walk in the darkness. Nixon was leading the way and the walk was eerily silent. My mind flashed to many things, slowly memories were coming back to me whether it was in huge chunks or small fragments, they were coming to me.

I wanted to secure a solid plan, one that I knew I would be victorious in the end, one that would probably end up with a lot of people dead or injured but I swear. This will be the last time any of this shit happens.

We needed to form a plan fast, but in silence, anyone can be listening, and we had to make sure we knew who was on our side and who wasn't. We couldn't let this get out or it would ruin everything. Raiding the Kingdom and taking Leah back would be highly dangerous and risky, but we also had to figure out what happens after that so we are never found or identified. We had to find a place to go to forever. And we will call this place home. And after this, there will be no more running.