Chapter 39

Amie's POV

I was beyond furious. I couldn't find anything that was linked to the hospital. I couldn't find anything that will help me trace back and have a visual.

"Shit!" I screamed and the thunder boomed after my loud outburst.

"We need to know what happened in that hospital." Allen looked at Aiden and I looked at the wall blankly.

"Don't you think I'm trying hard?" I asked frustrated.

"We can't get to Kat now, her location is unknown," Aiden said blankly.

"What about Nixon?" I asked and Allen gave me a dead look. He hated Nixon at the moment but we needed him right now.

"I'll call him." I quickly dialed him and told him to come to the house. I needed to figure out what happened once and for all.

x

Katalina's POV

The creature, the young girl and I walked through the woods for hours until there was a sign.

'The Forgotten Lands' It said but the sign was faded and rusty.

"Looks like we're here." I finally spoke as we stopped. Crossing that line could mean no coming back. I thought we were alone but a huge smile plastered on my face as I smelled the scent of wolves and heard growls and howling.

"We have company." The creature said looking into the distance.

"We do." The girl said.

"Katalina." I heard the voice from the distance. It sounded familiar but I couldn't pinpoint it.

I came face to face with green eyes and honey blonde short hair. Her face looked familiar but I didn't know her name.

"Who are you and how do you know my name?" I asked puzzled. Her facial expression changed from hurt to angry.

"Witch." The creature mumbled as the unknown green-eyed woman touched my arm. Jolts of pain shot through my body as I sucked in a huge breath.

Memories of the girl raced through my mind. A pain even shot through my stomach as I fell to the floor and blacked out.

*•
Amie's POV

We've decided to make the trip to the forgotten lands because we knew that's where every creature was headed.

It took hours to round the pack up and to select those who go and stay behind. When we finally got all of that together we took off.

I had to think fast and I was planning on confronting my deceased best friend and touching her to see what the fuck really happened.

Risen from the dead was all I was thinking.

Allen stayed behind while Aiden came because both alphas couldn't leave the pack.

"Katalina," I called her name as I smelled her scent from a distance. She looked confused as I flashed in front of her.

Did she forget about me?

Hurt then anger overcame my body as I placed my hands on her. We both shook.

And what I saw took my breath away.