Chapter Twenty Seven

Sunna's POV.

Tarkik is back there on the battlefield dealing with everyone. I need to help him. My arms threw the clothes off my body before grabbing them in my mouth and running back to the battlefield.

Tarkik was running around talking to any wolf. Chase was also running around, but only talking to those in his pack. The Raw Power pack's werewolves were mostly just sitting or taking care of each other, seemingly not knowing what to do. They are my pack now, I should take care of them.

I shifted and put on the clothes again. Taking a deep breath, I walked over to a group of them. Six in all, with three looking like they were wounded. They looked up at me as I approached. Some of them in curiosity, some in fear, and some in anger.

"Are all of you ok? No serious injuries?" I asked with a calm voice.

A female glared at me. "No, we're not ok, thanks to you."

I sighed. "Look, for right now we are one pack, and as much as neither of us want to be, we need to help each other out."

The female seemed to want to say something, but a male cut her off before she had the chance. "We just need some medical help, but our pack doctor is dealing with the seriously injured first," he explained, trying to keep his voice calm.

"Why don't those of you who aren't injured help move the injured to one area, so your pack doctor doesn't have to keep moving everywhere?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I think we could do that." The female grabbed the male's arm. "Come on, we don't have much of a choice right now." The three who weren't injured started to move the injured to an area near the building. The male started shouting to others and soon his whole pack was doing the same.

As the injured were continuing to be taken care of by all of the packs, I walked around and talked mostly to the Raw Power Pack members about getting supplies for the injured. My eyes landed on Chase, who had also organized his pack, so the injured were stationed together. Multiple pack doctors were treating the injured werewolves. Tarkik was also helping out his own pack.

I walked over to Chase. "How's it going?"

"It's going," he replied with dull eyes. Many of my old pack members stared at me with mixed emotions. "They all want to hear what you have to say."

I shook my head. "It's not the right time. Everyone needs to mourn before we can move forward."

Chase nodded and turned to me. "I just need to know one thing." I nodded for him to continue. "Please... please, tell me you're staying." I opened my mouth to respond, but he held up his hand to stop me. "As much as you may not think it, everyone has missed you. You were a leader, despite your old rank--hell--you were going to be First Omega one day. Alpha confirmed that." My eyes widened. "You never left our pack, Sunna. We are connected, and I don't mean because of our link, I mean because you will always be family to everyone."

He looked away from me and to his pack members, many of them were looking and trying to listen to our conversation, and continued to speak. "This is your pack as much as it is mine. They all need you as much as I need you. Please, don't leave us. You are our alpha now and I was never meant to be an alpha. And, yes, I know you were never meant to be an alpha either, but with the help of your mate," Chase nodded to Tarkik who was helping his pack, "maybe we can piece our packs together as one." At last, Chase looked at me with watery eyes. "Please, Sunna, just think about it."

I offered him a small smile. "Ok... I'll think about it." A corner of his lips lifted slightly, but his eyes stayed dull and hopeless. "We're going to get through this," I told him and wrapped him in a hug. He hugged me back and I could feel his tears soak through my shirt.