Chapter Ten

Tarkik's POV.

Pain seemed to stabbed at me as I tried to sleep. I did not want to be away from her. And when I was not doing anything, I kept thinking about her. The pain was just getting worse. I groaned in frustration and got up.

I have my aching muscles a good stretch before I exited my den. It was extremely early in the morning and no one was up except for a few guards and some patrol wolves.

My eyes wandered around the camp before looking towards the forest. A good run would do me good. My paws carried me into the forest far from my den.

I started to sprint through the trees. I enjoyed this moment of freedom as I ran through the endless forest. Jumping over and dodging obstacles only made it more fun and freeing.

Until I came upon a human town. Not very endless now that I think about it. I watched from a distance. Cars were speeding along the roads and people were rushing into buildings never to be seen again till the end of the day.

I moved on and started sprinting parallel to my border. It helped me to feel secure about my pack. As I passed by patrol wolves, I gave them a greeting which they returned.

A howl sounded in the distance, but because the howl was not directed towards me I could not tell what the howl was saying. Wolves' howls are much like mind linking for werewolves. A wolf can direct their howl so that only one wolf or only a group of wolves can hear and understand the howl, but the howl can only be to their mate or wolves within their pack. Mates, however, can also mindlink like werewolves. It is rather complicated.

Another howl erupted, but this one I could clearly hear and understand. Attack at the border near the Raw Power Pack. I started on a dead sprint toward the source and arrived rather quickly because I was closer than base camp.

The scene in front of me boiled my blood. Eight werewolves trapped one of my patrol wolves and four other werewolves were dragging another one of my patrol wolves who was badly beaten. They must have been partners who had been patrolling the border when the werewolves attacked.

I let out a deep and loud growl and attacked the first werewolf I saw. Blood entered my mouth as I ripped out his throat. Just as the other werewolves started to notice me, I snapped the neck of another werewolf.

My anger gave me energy and I was able to kill the rest of the eight werewolves, but the four that got away were able to take my patrol wolf with them. About twenty more werewolves came to the border, but did not cross it.

They are blocking me off from getting to my pack mate. The thought only made me more mad. I growled at them. Most of them flinched with fear written on their faces. I charged at them and bit at anything I could with enough power to crack bones like small sticks.

They try to attack back, but I was moving so quickly and aggressively that they could not sink their sink into me. I heard voices behind me, but I continued to attack and kill.

I did not realize I had killed all of them till a familiar voice. "Tarkik! Stop!" Blade screamed at me. She came up next to me and touched her nose to my shoulder. Because we have known each for so long, she knew how to calm me.

I looked around at the mess I had created. I have not lost control of my anger like this in a long time. Blood coated me, but because of my black fur it was hard to see.

I felt something tug at my heart. Ace. That patrol wolf's name is Ace. And Ace was taken. He was just out of my reach. I growled in anger. "They took Ace."

Blade looked concerned then looked to the werewolf territory. More werewolves had come to defend their border. My chest heaved with exhaustion as I realized I cannot just keep fighting and killing.