Chapter One

Skylar's POV.

Ducking and dodging plates didn't seem to be too hard, however, add in the fact that you have to carry around plates filled with food at the same time. It's quite normal for omegas and seems to be a skill that they learn over time. This life was not chosen by me. However, I don't mind. Omegas are needed in each pack and I understand that. Plus, I am lucky to have a wise alpha. He too understands the importance of omegas and he makes sure the rest of the pack understands as well. So working as an omega in this pack is quite nice because everyone makes sure to thank every omega every chance they can.

My feet moved quickly and I set the plates in front of each werewolf at the table and each of them thank me before I set off to the kitchen again. My pack is large, so meal times usually if not always are a little chaotic especially for the omegas. We need to prepare the food and from there bring each werewolf a plate. Plate after plate, werewolf after werewolf, table after table. I'm used to the work I do as an omega now, but when I first started... it would be an understatement to say I was a disaster. I used to be so sore that I would trip all over the place and I'd run into people and get yelled at. That's how every new omega started out.

Just as I started to think about new omegas, I saw one about to drop his food. My empty plates dropped as my hands moved to catch the new omegas falling plates. He stopped his fall on his own while I stopped the plates' fall. "Thanks." He said as his face turned beet red.

I gave him a reassuring smile. "No problem." His face did not pale from the redness. "Come on, go deliver the food. Try not to trip any more." I told him, making his ears go red. I laugh and hand him his plate back before gathering mine and heading back to the kitchen.

By now I've climbed up the ranks of omegas and I am a well respected omega. Most omegas will listen to me with little hesitation. The few who don't are my friends, but that's only when we're all joking around. Many of the elders find it strange that I've done this at such a young age. My best friend, Leya, told me it's because I have the qualities of a good leader. Though I doubt that, I took it as a compliment.

However, it has created a rivalry with First Omega. She looks at me as a threat now, so any chance she gets to embarrass me or criticize me, she takes. Though I would definitely take the position if it was offered, I wouldn't purposely do anything against First Omega to bring her down.

Time flew by and the omegas were finally able to gather food for their own dinner. Dinner consisted of chicken and fried vegetables. I sat down in my normal seat next to my good friends. Personally, I prefer to eat with the omegas--we make it a lot more interesting. "So, who do you guys think is going to start it this time?" I thought out loud.

Olivia looked up from her food and around the table. She was always first to speak and she easily spoke her mind. So when she put her head back down and did not say anything, to say I was surprised would be an understatement. It seemed I wasn't the only one who noticed Olivia's silence, "do you have anything to say, Olivia?" Camden pursued his curiosity.

A grin grew on Olivia's face. That told me everything I needed to know. She had a secret that she was having a hard time containing. "Oh... I don't know... I just really wanted to do it this time..." She trailed off and it told me a moment to register what she was saying. She is going to start it this time. Oh no. Before anyone could stop her, she stood up and threw a handful of vegetables at the table next to us.

Dinner will now turn into a food fight.

I grabbed my plate and cup of water and moved to the far side of the table. There was a reason we chose a table in the corner - to have better cover from the food. A piece of chicken hit my back just before I was able to duck under the table. A few cusses escaped my mouth and Olivia laughed at me. "You couldn't have given us a better warning," I glared at my crazy friend.