Chapter Twenty One

Sunna's POV.

"They took both alphas?"

"We know they took Alpha. However we cannot find any trace of Luna."

"Why did they leave behind the other thetas?"

"I do not know."

"Are the other thetas alright?"

"Three of them will recover within the day. The other two will need more time to recover."

"What are we going to do?"

I tried to open my eyes. I didn't understand what was happening. Then I started to remember what had happened. Tarkik... he was taken. And I couldn't stop it. Anger and sadness ran through my blood as I piece together what exactly had happened.

Then I noticed that the voices had fallen silent. No one was sure of what to do and it slightly scared me. I tried to open my eyes again, but I was blinded by blank whiteness. I blinked a few times before being able to keep my eyes open, yet all I could see was white. I tried to move, however I was weighed down by something. What the heck?

I started to notice how cold I was getting as well and then it hit me, I'm covered by snow. That's why they couldn't find me and why I can't move. After I fell the snow must have covered me. Now how do I get up? I tried to move again and again but nothing worked. I didn't even move at all.

"Gamma, Honey, and I need to have a discussion. We do not do anything until we figure out the right thing to do." I recognize that voice as Ram.

Wait! They could hear me if I can hear them, right? I tried to bark, but I could barely move my mouth. So I ended up just whimpering. "Hey, did you hear that?" Someone asked.

"Yes, that was an odd sound." Ram replied curiously. I heard their pawsteps get closer. I whimpered again as loud as I could muster. "That is a wolf!"

"It could be a werewolf." Someone else said.

I growled at that. Yes, I am a werewolf, but you can't just assume not save whoever it is. "Well that was for sure a growl and I think it was directed at your comment." Ram said and paused as if he was thinking. "Sunna? Is that you?" I whimpered again. "Come on, I think she's trapped under the snow."

I heard and felt they start to dig me out from the snow. Soon I could start to move as the weight was taken over me and I tried to stand up again. This time it worked and I leaped out from the snow pile before shaking myself off. My fur was soaked and snow was still attached to me.

"Sunna!" Ram shouted in relief.

"Ram!" I replied in relief as well.

He didn't mind that I called him by his name as he gave me a wolf hug. I was panting and shivering from all the effort. "We need to get you somewhere warm." He told me.

But that wasn't on my mind. "Tarkik?" I looked at him with pleading eyes. He looked down, not wanting to meet my eyes. "Please, please, please, tell me he's alright."

Ram shook his head. "You know just as well as I do that I cannot tell you that." He looked at me with guilt.

I sat down in the freezing snow and stared into the other territory. It hit me hard. The guilt. "It's all my fault. I should have checked my surroundings the whole time like Blade taught me. I could've helped him before they..."

Ram stepped in front of my field of vision. "Sunna, this is not your fault. You could not have known this was going to happen. And you were way over powered." I didn't look him in the eye until he said, "Sunna. Look at me. We still have a pack to take care of and a war to fight. If we are going to get him back, then we need to fight."