Chapter 33

Jayden's pov.

We sang, and we drank... a lot. It was a whole big celebration. Everyone was happy, everyone was smiling. It was as though we had just broken free from hell, which to be honest, I felt like I did. Sadly, the good times couldn't last forever.

We arrived at Scalvria to a shocking surprise. The knights pulled out their sword and Kam pushed me behind him.

"Witchit, what the hell are you doing here?" Kam asked. 

Witchit was sitting on top of a wall on the border of our land. I didn't recall the wall being there before, had he built it?

"Oh, you didn't hear? Well, the kings dead... and my daughter is about to be crowned," Witchit stated. 

"Explain yourself," one of the knights ordered. I assumed he was one of the leaders. 

"As some of you know, the real reason I was banished was that the queen slept with me-"

"Liar!" a knight shouted. 

"It's the truth..." the lead knight whispered. I looked at Kam, he seemed shocked.

"So, my daughter is technically the rightful air to the throne," Witchit said. 

"Ruler's law number 36, in an event that there are more than one rightful airs, the knights take a vote to choose who they prefer and my vote goes for Jayden!" the lead knight stated. 

"Long live Prince Jayden!" the knights echoed. I couldn't help but smile and blush.

"Yes, It's so nice to see how overwhelming support you have for the prince who's been out with one of your fellow knights behind your back," Witchit said. 

How did he know that? Did someone tell him? If I thought my face was red before, it was on fire now. I felt as though all eyes were on me. I wanted to shrink into my skin. 

"Is it true?" one of the knights next to me asked. 

Was I support to lie? How would they react if they knew the truth? Kam turned to me. We just stared at each other. He seemed to be telling me that this was my call. 

"Yes. I have been-"

"See, he admits it, are you going to back up someone who's not only lied to you but also been sucking dick behind your back?" Witchit called.

The knights around me took a step back. 

Kam readjusted his grip on his sword before pushing through the crowd. He gripped the wall and began to climb up. I'd never seen such a dire angry and passion. He reached the top and put his sword up to Witchit's throat.

They began to talk, but I couldn't hear what they were saying.

Kam's pov.

"We've been here before," Witchit said.

I knew at any moment he could teleport away and I knew there was no way I could bet him, but at that moment, I felt powerful holding the sword at his throat. 

"We had a deal. I did what you asked," I whispered. 

"Don't be mad at me I'm the one who stabbed Frost so that you could kill him," he said with a shrug.

"Tell me honestly, what was the favor you asked of Frost?" I demanded. 

"Distract the knights long enough so that I could kill the king," Witchit replied. 

"You ba-"

Jayden's pov.

Witchit teleported away as Kam pushed his sword through his throat. Witchit waved his hand and suddenly Kam was next to me.