Chapter 25

Jayden's pov.

Its been almost three weeks since I last saw Kam. I tried to sneak put to go see him on the Fall Day of Love, but I couldn't find any time to get away from the king. He kept me busy, teaching me about all the boring side work that comes with being a king. I tried to pay attention, but every time he said, "Jayden, once you turn 18-" my mind began to wonder. Once I turned 18, I would be hunted by one of the scariest mages in the world.

I finally got to see Kam on a cold winter morning. There was a knock on my door, and I figured that it was from Copper coming to give me breakfast.

"Snooze!" I called as I rolled over in bed and tried to go back to sleep.

"Sire, there is someone here who wants to talk to you," Copper called through the door.

"Tell them to come back in 20 minutes!" I shouted. It was way too cold and early to deal with anyone.

"Thought you missed me a little more than that." I recognized the voice instantly, Kam.

I shot out of bed and rushed to the door. Kam was standing there, a wide smile on his face. Copper was next to him holding a large plate with very little food on it.

"I don't have long, but I wanted to stop by and say hi," Kam said.

Copper walked in, sit my food done and left, closing the door behind him. It was only then that I realized that I was only wearing a nightgown. My hair was a mess, and my body was drained of sleep. It didn't matter, Kam was here.

"Hey," he whispered as he walked over and kissed my forehead.

"Hey."

He leaned over and our mouths connected. I pressed up against his chest as we tasted each other's lips. I closed my eyes a d allowed myself to be engulfed at the moment.

Suddenly, I felt my body began to rise up. I opened my eyes to see that I was literal floating. Kam pulled out of the kiss as my body rose high and higher until I reached the ceiling.

"What the hell?" I asked.

"I don't get it, you weren't conscious the last time you used magic," Kam said. "This is magic right?"

"I don't know..." I replied, "Can you help me down?"

"I can try," Kam replied. 

He jumped up and grabbed my hand. He began to pull me down. He set me down, but as soon as he let go, I rose back up. He began to chew on his lip, lost in thought. I tried to think of a way to help him, but I couldn't. 

"Can you try controlling it?" Kam asked. 

I closed my eyes and concentrated on lowering my body. I focused, trying to make the magic go away, but it didn't work, I was stuck in the air. 

"I can't do it," I admitted.

"Alright, we'll find another way," Kam said.

He began to pace back and forth as he thought. I watched, unsure of what I could do. 

Suddenly, there was another knock on the door. Kam and I looked at each other, sharing a moment of panic. I took a deep breath and tried to keep my voice steady.

"Who is it?" I asked. 

"Its Mom, can I come in?"

Kam jumped up again and grabbed my hand. Once again he pulled me down brought me over to my bed.

"Hold it," he whispered.

I grabbed the bedpost and held onto it with all my might. My body began to rise back up until I was heels overhead.