Chapter 27

Kam's pov.

I had the light of the moon to guide me as my horse galloped farther and farther from the kingdom. The plan was simple, contact Witchit and tell him to help me. I knew I wasn't strong enough to face Frost on my own, but maybe with some help...

"Witchit!" I called out as I slowed my horse to a stop in the middle of the woods, "Witchit, if your watching, I need to talk... you probably know what about." 

Suddenly a puff of smoke appeared in front of me. When it disappeared, Witchit stood there with a disappointed look on his face.

"I feared you would call on me," he huffed.

"You have to help me," I said.

"I don't have to do anything, especially if it involves Frost," he stated flatly.

"Look, if Frost takes Jayden, there is no need to keep my sexuality a secret. I don't care what happens to me once Jayden is gone, you'll have no use for me," I stated, "Plus you owe me."

"Who said I need your help anymore, and why the hell would I owe you anything?" 

"For not killing you," I said. 

"As if you could kill me," Witchit snickered.   

Instinctively my hand went to my sword, I grabbed it and pulled it out, pointing it at Witchit. He just stared at me, almost daring me to start fighting. 

"He owes you a favor, can't you ask him to not go after Jayden?" I asked. 

"Already used the favor," Witchit replied. He took a step towards my sword making me shiver.  

"On what?"

"Can't tell ya."

We stood there, just staring at each other. I held my sword out strong. I could kill him if I wanted to, right? He was just a mage.

"Kam, you can't save him," Witchit stated flatly, "Frost always ends up getting what he wants and there isn't anything that we can do about it."

I just stared at him for a second before sheathing my sword. I turned away and got onto my horse. I grabbed the reins.

"You know, he named the horses. He called this one Stardust." I didn't know why I was bringing this up.

"Go home, spend all the time he has left by his side," Witchit instructed. 

But I couldn't. I couldn't leave, not until Jayden was safe. I was his knight, I had to protect him no matter what the cost. 

"I'm going to kill Frost," I stated. 

Witchit shook his head, "You don't have that kind of time or the strength."

"I don't care."

"Don't go get yourself killed before you can say goodbye to him," Witchit advised. 

"I'm going," I declared. 

"Ok, fine," Witchit said, "you can go in the morning, it is late now and you need rest."

He waved his hands and suddenly a huge tent appeared. 

"I'll teleport you and your stead to Frost's house if you promise to get a good night's sleep," Witchit proclaimed. 

I thought about it for a second before agreeing and jumping off Stardust. I tied her up before going into the tent. The inside was almost as big as my whole house, even though the outside was only slightly bigger than my room. 

I bed looked welcoming, but my before I could climb into it, I noticed a desk, with a glowing object on top. I walked over to it to investigate. There was a box, lighting up with a golden tent. I didn't mean to snoop, but curiosity got the better of me and I opened up the box.