Chapter 22

Verity's pov.

I was just about to go to bed when I realized that I didn't have a hair tie to put my hair up with. Never before had I slept with my hair down before, even when I was with the dragon I had my hair tie. I must have left it out by the fire or something.

I got out from my tent and was about to ask Jayden if he saw my hair tie anywhere but before I opened my mouth, my eyes saw him making out with his knight. He was on top of him rushing his hands though Sir Kameron's hair as the knight held him close rubbing his hands up and down Jayden's back.

"Jayden?" I asked.

He quickly pulled out of the kiss and stood up to look at me, the top buttons on his shirt had been undone. Sir Kameron got up too and for a moment the three of us just stared at each other. Their faces red and my mouth wide open.

"Verity, it's not-" Jayden began.

"Jayden, are you gay?" I asked cutting him off.

"I, I think so," he replied.

"How long has this-" I drew an imaginary line between Kam and Jayden, "been going on."

They looked at each other for a second before Jayden said, "Not that long."

Once again silence took over us. I didn't know what to say. I wasn't sure how to react.

"Are you, does he make you happy?" I asked.

"Yes," he said looking over to Kam and smiling a little.

"Princess, I know this isn't my place to talk, but I wanted to say that I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen and I really didn't want you to find out like this. Just say the word and it will never happen again, I give my honor," Sir Kameron said. He got down on one knee and bowed before me.

"No, no that's not what I want, I want you guys to be happy," I said, "And I'm not going to tell anyone, I promise. I can even cover it for you if you want. I mean, we still have to get married cus of the agreement, but once we are married then you and Sir Kameron can do whatever you guys want. I mean, I don't even know you that much, no offense or anything but I don't love you. You and I can go hang out with other people and we can just be husband and wife in front of the people. I mean, if that's what you want..."

"You would do that for me, for us?" Jayden asked.

"I don't even like you that much. Besides, if you guys like each other than I'm not going to get between us. Just be thankful it was only me that walked in on you," I said.

Jayden walked up and hugged me, "Thank you so much, Verity. You are literally the best fiancee I could have asked for"

"No problem," I said trying my best no to start crying, "I actually came out here to ask if you've seen my hair tie."

"Yes, here it is, princess," Sir Kameron said as he handed me my hair tie.

"Thank you," I said.

"Goodnight," Jayden said.

"Night."

I returned to my tent and waited only a few seconds before I allowed my emotions to take over and let to tears flow done my face. I wanted to be fine. Jayden was happy, that was all that mattered, and I really was happy that he found someone that he liked, but I had lied out there. I liked Jayden, I loved him. He was my best friend all the way from childhood. When he was gone there was not a night that I didn't stay up thinking about him. I thought we were going to be the next Romeo and Juliet, without the dying part. He was my everything but I wasn't his.