Chapter 29

Jayden's pov.

I sat on the edge dangling my feet over the roof. I watched as Brandy took a seat next to me. I smiled at her and we exchanged greetings. 

"Alright, so why the meeting?" Brandy asked cutting to the point.

I look a deep breath before slowly removing my hood. She stared at me for a moment before quickly standing up and pulling out a knife. I instinctively put my hands up. 

"I should have known from those golden eyes," she whispered keeping the knife pointed at me, "Why are you here, prince? Here to arrest me are you?"

"No, but if you kill me, someone else definitely will," I huffed.  

"Tell me why your here," she ordered. 

"You don't remember me, but I remember you, Brandy," I whispered.

She brought the knife closer to me, "How do you know my name?"

"You won't believe me, but I'm gonna tell you anyway. Can you put the knife away first though?" I asked. 

She stared at me for a second before sighing and putting away her knife. I patted the place next to me and she eyed me before sitting back down. I smiled at her but she just glared in return. 

"There isn't any really easy way to say this," I started.

"Just spit it out," she said rolling her eyes at me. 

I started at the beginning and started to explain everything. I told her my whole life story. I informed her of when I was sold and when I escaped from Frost. I reminded her of me coming here, meeting her and all the fun times we had together. I filled her in me becoming prince and Symon erases everyone's memories. The whole time she just stared with an undecipherable look on her face. I wondered what was going on through her head, but I guess I just had to wait until I was done explaining. 

"And you expect me to believe this?" Brandy asked.

"I knew your name. I know your favorite color is purple, though you don't want to tell people because you think it is too girly. I know that you've never had a crush on anyone to expect from on your brother's best friend. You said you didn't feel like something is missing when you are around me. Doesn't that count for something?" I asked. 

"I don't know how you know so much about me, but I'm not going to let you fill my head stories. Go back to your castle before I decided I'd rather kill you than let you live," she ordered with a scowl that could almost be heard.

"When we first met, I told you I didn't want to tell you my name and you told me to come up with something else to go by. I want to thank you for that, without you I would be lost. I owe you everything and even if you don't remember, I just wanna say thanks for giving me the best life. I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts," I said as I stood up. 

"What do you mean 'while it lasts?'" Brandy asked. 

I told her about the letter from Frost. I didn't care if she knew, I trusted her and I doubted she would stop me. 

"So you're just gonna throw away your life because someone tells you to?" Brandy questioned. 

"I guess I am," I replied with a shrug. That was a basic way of putting it, but she wasn't wrong.

"Well, good luck," she said. 

"Thanks," I whispered. 

I smiled shyly before turning to leave. I could feel Brandy watching me as I back my way to the back of the building.